Codex Supplements are one of my favorite things going on right now in 6th edition, of course I want print copies to catch up with digital releases, but that's another story.


What is nice, is that next year we are being told that codex releases will not slow down, and on top of that, codex supplements will be ramped up. I am already calling 2014 the year of Codex Supplements.

With the last set of fortifications we saw, there were rules that came with them in the boxes. This is just the tip of the iceberg, as this line of thinking is going to increase with codex supplements being released. The thinking is that with the rules in the box, you are not forcing customers to buy the codex supplement. I like it, but I still want to buy my codex supplements......, but it's my choice, and if I want the unit, I do not need the supplement for the rules.

We have heard this before, but recent conversations have brought it back to light, and coincides with other sources information we have been receiving.

Please remember that these are rumors.

via an anonymous source
Codexes aren't slowing down, but supplements are ramping up and will see model releases coinciding with them.

Either redoes of old kits (Khorne Berserkers for example), and then new kits entirely.

Rules in the boxes are a very likely reality for these new kits to make the supplement not a required purchase.  I realize that this goes against the Internets opinion of GW, but they are not trying to make supplements mandatory purchases, but exactly what they are: supplements.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...