Both game expansions, Stronghold Assault and Escalation are now up for Pre-Orders on the Games Workshop site for a release on Dec 7th. At the same time, digital releases for the ipad, ebooks, and other media are also up for pre-orders.
The image above is a released image from the Black Library for Escalation
Digitally you can download the sample of each, and check out exactly what it is that we will see for these releases, and like we have reported here for a month now, these are for regular or normal 40k games. Here is what the release is looking like.
via Games Workshop
Warhammer 40,000: Escalation
Print Copy $49.50
Warhammer 40,000: Escalation contains full rules for adding super-heavy vehicles and gargantuan creatures to every Warhammer 40,000 army. This means you can now use these massive models in games of Warhammer 40,000 as well as games of Apocalypse.
This 96-page, full colour, hardback supplement contains:
· A background section introducing Lords of War units and their terrifying impact on the battlefield.
· All the rules needed to play with super-heavy vehicles (including Flyers and Walkers) and Gargantuan Creatures, as well as rules for their potent wargear.
· An amended force organization chart that allows players to choose Lords of War units as part of their standard Warhammer 40,000 armies.
· Datasheets for every plastic super-heavy Citadel miniature, plus a selection of super-heavy vehicles and gargantuan creatures from Forge World.
· A showcase of expertly painted Lords of War Citadel miniatures.
· New Altar of War and Gauntlet Challenge missions that can be played instead of the Eternal War missions in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.
Print Copy $$33.00
This 48-page, full colour, hardback supplement contains:
· New art, background, and timeline entries conveying the horror of siege warfare in the 41st Millennium.
· 17 fortifications datasheets for the full range of Warhammer 40,000 scenery that can be used by any Warhammer 40,000 army.
· Updated rules for buildings and fortifications for games of Warhammer 40,000.
· Additional rules for weapons and battlefield debris.
· Includes three new Siege War missions that can be played instead of the Eternal War missions in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.