Sometimes I find the ramblings elsewhere or that hit my email amusing, but on occasion I think its important to respond to them. So this is simply a quick response to an email that I alter rumors on this site.

Rumors and Faeit 212
What I do here is report news and rumors as I get them. So rumors that come my way through phone, email, or other, are always put down exactly as I receive them. Often the only things that are ever removed from a rumor, are identifying bits about where they come from, because no rumor is worth someone losing their job for. (as a matter of policy). Sometimes I am a little overzealous on this, and remove important material that would be much more "real" if I kept it in. Again, no rumor is worth someone losing their job over.

Does this mean that everything rumor that comes through this site is true? Of course not, they are rumors, and rumors always have the "please remember that these are rumors" attached. They are reported exactly as I receive them, and the sources of them often believe that they are true.

There was a small series a while back that one person (yes I know who he is now), kept sending in crap from various email accounts, but these were corrected by a good source here that helps us keep things straight and not too far off track.

Sources on Faeit 212
Its very important to realize, that I am not a source of anything. Everything I get here is news and rumors. I report them, as I get them. Sometimes the source will get or hear something wrong, but that is exactly why I report them the way I do. So that the information is how I received it.

A source that wants to remain anonymous, is always held anonymous. Period. There is no wavering on that. I also try and validate some sources information to a point. I know a couple of the sources here are very solid with information, but I will not connect who they are or all that they say. This is simply to protect the source.

Faeit 212 Commentary
Sometimes I comment or try and put together all the pieces or rumors I receive into a more compressible form so that we can try and figure out what is going on. I think of rumors as bits to a larger puzzle, that is always extremely difficult to figure out. Some pieces that we get, are parts of the puzzle that are a ways off yet, and seem to not have any foundation with what is going on currently. I do however, like to pull back and try and figure out what is down the road.

When I do this, I say so. I know some readers and others from some sites, take my commentary as solid rumors. To be honest, if you read everything I read, you could make the same type commentary.

News Junkie
I am above all else a news junkie. I have been for years and years, possibly longer than some of you have been alive. While it might seem like a lot of my time is spent with 40k news and rumors here on Faeit 212, I spend much more time on national/ international news, and more recently, more detailed local news. This often attributes for the way I post, write, or title headlines. Its just what comes naturally.

The Community on Faeit 212
We have an awesome community on Faeit 212. In fact it is probably one of the best anywhere. There is a large number of readers that are active in trying to keep on top of things, so that we do not miss the latest news or rumors. As I cannot positively catch everything.

Next this community is a very positive bunch of hobbyists. This is greatly appreciated, and very rarely does it devolve into drama. (I have done this a couple times as well, and apologized for it).

Its been a long time, but I want to say thank you to the community here. It is you that inspires me, and if this post has sounded like a rant, it was not intended.

This is simply a commentary and a response to an email sent into me by a more prominent online personality, that thankfully can stay where he is. (no mention of who it is on purpose.... after all no drama is a life policy)

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...