The rumor mill has been in full swing, and hobby wise, I have been a painting machine. I am really working hard though for the first time on getting my Dark Eldar all painted up and ready for battle. While there is still a lot of work to do, any forward progress is always fantastic.


Eldar
I am just dying for an Eldar release. I am trying to stay contained, but really.... the large uber wraithguard will mean "I need 3". Without even knowing anything about it, I will be pre-ordering this model when it release day.

I have been receiving quite a bit of eldar information of late, I just wish there was more that was 'safe' for posting up. From what I have seen, there are going to be more than a few nice surprises with this codex release.

With new Eldar rumors coming our way over the next few months, there will be a very vigorous effort on my part to find any information I can on them. I am expecting an amazing book, both in artwork and variety of play. With two new flyers and an Uber Wraithguard model coming, I am already saving for a large purchase. Of course I already have money saved for the Voidraven, but that is another issue......

Dark Eldar
My Dark Eldar models are old. I own very few of the new models, as when the last codex was released, I already had 7-8k points of Dark Eldar models. I of course did get some, and continue to do so, but my old Dark Eldar models have a special place in my 40k hobby collections. They were my first army.

So with that here are some pics of my models. These were just taken quickly, because there is still a ton of work to be done, especially on the Raiders. I want to get them all done and ready for transport in a few short weeks for the Valhalla trip. (I will be taking some Eldar and Grey Knights as well I think).



As you can see my raiders on very old bases and the model has some very serious TSA flight issues. This model is 6" tall with the sails. While the footprint of the raider is larger than the current raiders, its also a not as wide as the Oop models.

The Warriors I trimmed up. Cut down on the spikes and weird helmet blades. I was going for a sleeker and more Eldarish feel for it, but these models can only give so much.

Also in the pic are my Harlequins, which I have been using a lot.

When I get the raiders finished and more of the army completed, probably a week or two out, I will sit down and take some better pics.

Rumors
This week we were discussing the release schedules and of course some new rhino variants with Hastings and our own rumor checking sources. There is a lot coming, and while I do not expect to see another codex after the tau right away, we are definitely looking at 1-2 more releases this year. Eldar and Space Marines?

I would love to get Space Marine codex armies back onto the field of play. There just is not enough of them anymore. I know that sounds odd, and perhaps its just an isolated few months since my move into the new house, but I really like seeing standard marine dex armies on the tables when I walk into a game shop.

Space Marines with a new codex with a few new units like the rumors are suggesting would throw Space Marines back to the top, as they already have a huge advantage in the number of marine units and their variability. Having a flexible codex is huge, and while 6th edition codices are much better at this, a Space Marine release will be this on steroids.

Tau
This will be a huge week for the Tau. Pre-orders are going up now in less than a week, and I expect this to be a crazy week of images, rumors, and anything else Tau. I would love to see more images of the Riptide, and of course the new flyers. Not to mention that elusive cover art.......

20 Comments:

  1. The Eldar rumors have me listening as well. I've always like the Wraith-etc units, so anything new about them always piques my interest.

    If this new uber wraith and the Cataphracts are real it'll be difficult not to pick them up.

    ~Muninn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned new Fire Warrior models...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry that was a mistake.

      Delete
    2. Like the Necron Warriors and Termagants/Hormagaunts, they are a bit dated and on the old, ultra-mold-line sprue, but they still very much work with today's plastics.

      Delete
  3. I will be honest, the rumors have me creating an entire Eldar savings account. Everything we've seen so far sounds amazing! Also, I'm going to have a hard time deciding between the return of swordwind, wild rider hosts with the new bikes and Niadhu as the shining spear Phoenix Lord, and the expanded ghost legions. Here's hoping they're all viable!

    Also, I think we could do with a rumor compilation including the models from http://projectbiomorph.com/index.php?topic=181.0

    I feel bad spamming that link on every Eldar post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dont feel bad, I am going to bring that back up, just trying to get more to add to it.

      Delete
  4. A rhino variant and dread like Troops aka vehicle squadron.... I really dont See SM back on Top with unless they have some extra rules like assault-RAM or Sick inv.s for the dreads. With mech gone... SM realy dont do ist anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to hold off getting new bikes I think until after all of this shakes out. Because, HOLY ELDAR, BATMAN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that I might be adding to my 50 Jetbikes!!

      Delete
  6. Is it just me, or are the Eldar rumors sounding cooler than the Tau rumors. Or maybe its just your excitment, natfka, showing through.
    Other than the riptide, so far i haven't heard anything tau that screams "must buy now!"
    Granted, I'll be getting some sharks, and the (hopefully) useful new characters, but so far the riptide is the only thing that I "can't wait" to see on the tabletop.
    Not saying I'm not going to love the new Tau dex, just saying Eldar seem more exciting rumorwise atm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not just you. My excitement over the Eldar codex might be boiling over a little bit. Just wait until a new dark eldar codex for 6th edition hits.

      Delete
  7. I'm a big fan of the fluff/story behind 40k and for me, the wraith units were one of the biggest reasons I started playing the Eldar (them and farseers). So I am very excited to see what the new wraith unit is, and this new close-combat version of the wraithguard (although I doubt I'll use them, the spare bits could be used for some great conversions). Happy for my friend as he plays Tau, but I'm ready to hear more Eldar rumors =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im with you on the dark eldar naftka I just started collecting dark eldar and the new models are insanely detailed, it seems like the more time you take the more hidden little details you find to paint, even on standard kabalites, can't wait to see a hardback book and maybe a new drazhar model, his shoulder pads really show the old dark eldar aesthetic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Drazhars model links quite well with his fluff. He wears ancient suit of armour, and is taller than any other model. Fitting don't you think?

      Delete
    2. I like everything about it but his shoulder pads, you could land a razorwing on either shoulder !

      Delete
  9. Its cool we're getting all these new updates, but I wouldn't mind if GW took a break for a month or two to let us catch up and maybe do some 40k/fantasy model updates. Some multi-part cultists, a hellbrute, or new Chaos Marauders would be nice. And where are these plastic Greater Daemons that we heard so much about in the earlier Daemon rumor sets? The only thing stopping me from allying a Keeper into my CSM is the hideous old finecast model.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Hastings! Give us knowledge about the elder release!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Expensive year for me, being a Dark Angels, Tau & Eldar collector :'(

    Totally loving it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch Mauler! I play Slaaneshi CSM/Daemon and Eldar only I've spent a little recently but I fear for what I'll shell out later this year.
      I've got 38,000 pts of Eldar but it's about to expand!!!!

      Delete
    2. Yikes - yeah, outside of a few paints and a couple smallish FW purchases, I think I:-\ be bought all of two trev/tfex models in the last two years. Tau's going to change that a bit.

      Delete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...