there were a few Ork rumors circulating yesterday over on Bols showing us some new units that will be coming. Its been awhile since we heard anything about Orks, so I am not exactly where in the process they are at right now. Playtesting though, could be done, or at the very least should be very close to being done.


Please remember that these are rumors, salt is alway required.

via Larry Vela on Bols
NEW HQs
"Grot Boss" Grot with a stateline of a Ork Boy, but higher BS. Equipped with a nice kustom-mega-shoota as an option. Can also get a Buggy or take a Killa-kan as a transport/upgrade

"Da Crew"  An HQ unit of even bigger Nobs. They have odd LoS modifications, One Nob must be nominated as "Da Boss", and if Da Boss is killed, one of Da Crew is promoted.  This interacts in some new way with "Kill the Warlord" victory conditions, and is effectively an entire "warlord unit".

NEW UNITS
Grot Whirlybird:  Rotored transport: Capacity 20 Grots. They get dumped on the battlefield roughly from the Whirlybird taking a mandatory DT test, and cause mayhem if they fall atop another unit.

Grots Buggys: Similar to Nob Bikers, but are buggies with Grots on the back and Orks behind the wheel! Drive-by attacks. Highly likely this will be an "alternate unit" for a buggy combo-unit box.

28 Comments:

  1. Sounds crazy... sounds funny... yep, its definitely Orky. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grot pirates were one of my favourite units from the old Freebooterz list, so I approve of these rumours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grot Buggies?!? Oh hell yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New necron flyer announced in FW newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flier is up on the website to preorder

      Delete
    2. Flier is up on the website to preorder

      Delete
  5. haha! This is a most amusing and excellent development, if true. GROTS AWAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hearing new Ork news. I don't even collect them and have no desire to do so, but they're just so darn fun. The grot chopper made me smile. I look forward to many a conversion of grots getting tangled in parachutes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound like some exciting and amusing units. Though I don't collect Orks I've bought the odd model here and there and cobbled together an Orky conversion or two, a grot helicopter transport sounds like something I could have some fun with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted an all grot army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gl painting it @ 3pts a model... lol

      Delete
    2. Cybork grots... 8pts a model and even more fun than regular grots!

      Delete
    3. Would love to see orks get as many grot options as their fantasy counterparts.

      Delete
  9. I need to tone down my competitive streak and play my Orks more. Someday I will put together a boomy list and max out on stuff that fires blast markers. I don't expect to win, but I want to blow up everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds a bit like wish-listing to me but my god that Grot Whirlybird would be hilarious. You'd be able to recreate the battle of endor shield generator in grot form.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How in the world would a bunch of Grots (which likely wouldn't improve the army from a competitive standpoint) be wish-listing?

      Have you seen the stuff GW has been fleshing armies out with? Every time people think a new codex or army book is just going to get a "tweak," we end up with 7-10 entirely new units or ways to field existing units, dozens of new rules, and 4-7 new kits.

      Don't be surprised if they decide to flesh out Grotz beyond a herd and Kanz.

      Delete
    2. An off the cuff remark really, I just thought it sounded a bit like someone who has/wants an all grot army. Same with the Kroot HQ rumour. Still, could be wrong. Hohum.

      Delete
  11. This all makes me really happy. Just recent got into Orks, so seeing potential new stuff is quite a sight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whirlybird sounds like it's the Grot version of Warkopta from IA8/IA:Apoc Second Edition.

    Now, to have the Grot Tank Mob in the codex instead of IA only...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is what I've been waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving it was thinking of getting a whole heap of grotz for my ay next think I might wait for the grot kopta

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...