The dam is open, and the flood waters of information on the new Space Marine codex is out. There is a lot of information, including the details on the chapter tactics, formations, characters and more. This is the very latest in the Space Marine codex information that is crossing the web at this moment.
please give some room for error when getting early reports.
via Iuchiban on Warseer
Terminators 1 heavy weapon for every 5 models.
Raven guard tactics are:
- They have Shrouded during the first turn. Add +1 to the night fight roll if they want to.
- Jump pack units may use it bot in movement and assualt phases. Reroll to wound HoW wounds.
Calgar (275) may choose his warlord trait from the codex.
- Warlord gains Fear. Test is done with 3D6.
- Warlord and his unit get Furious Charge
- Warlord has FnP
- Every shooting phase pick a unit at max 12". Shooting weapons of this unit get the Rending SR
- Any unit in the same Detachment may use Warlord's Ld
- Any unit at 12" reroll Ld tests (Moral, Pinning, Fear)
His army may use one additional doctrine, once per game.
BTW doctrines are cumulative. If you have an Ultramarines detachment, using a DemiCompany and Calgar, you may use the same doctrine 3 times during the battle.
Tigurius (165). Pretty much the same.
Tigurius has the rending trait.
I cannot find in the book any restriction to the black templar purchasing tactical or scout squads. So I guess, they can, but only if they use Tactical squads.
I do not know if its already known, but Chapter tactics are:
- Adamantium will and Crusader
- No Libs
- If a unit loses a model during the opponent shooting phase that unit gets Counterattack until EoT
- If a unit loses a model during overwatch, that unit gets Rage unti EoT.
No Lance or Javelin SF in the codex.
Combat shields are 6++.
One Lib is 65 points. May be upgraded to Lvl 2 for +25 points.
Is that true that any HQ on a bike unlocks bikers as troops with no additional restrictions?
Yes, if they are in the same detachment. It's written in the bike entry.
The basic "Decurión" is the Demi battle company:
- 1 Captain or Chaplain
- 0-1 Command squad
- 3 Tactical squads
- 1 Assault squad, Bike squad, Attack bike squad, Land speeder squad or Assault Cents.
- 1 Devastator squad or Dev Cent squad.
- 0-1 Dreadnought of any type.
This formation may use any battle doctrines once per battle
If you take 2 Demi-Companies, you get a full Company. (First company with a Captain and the second with a Chaplain). If done so, any unit that is able to purchase a Rhino, Razorback or Drop Pod, may do so without any additional cost.
Termins are now 175 points (Both types), altough hammer and shied cost +10 points
Devastator, for +5 points, may once per game, reroll to hit. Grav cannons + amp cost 35 points.
Chapter master upgrade is not one per army.
No Land Raider Squadrons, but one Formation (3 Land Raiders of any type). They reroll to wound vs Gargantuan Creatures and to penétrate vs Superhevies. If they are at 6" of any other Raider of the formation, they ignore any result on the damage chart but destroyed.
To get the benefit of the tank squadrons you need 3 of them. You lose the benefit if you lose a tank.
This is for the Gladius detachment.
Benefits of the Demi-Company are:
- Tactic Doctrine may be used once per game (cumulative with other doctrines)
- They get objetive secured
Chapter tactics are:
- Can use one battle doctrine (Tac, Dev or Assault) once per game. Can use Tac once, Dev once, and Assault once.
- Reroll when running
- Bikes get skilled rider, and +1S to HoW attacks
- Reroll "1" to hit when using bolt weapons (Bolt pistol, boltgun, heavy bolter, assault bolter and combi-weapons)
- Reroll to penétrate against buildings. Devs and Dev cents have tankhunter SR.
- Crusade + Adamantium Will
- No Libs
- If a unit loses a model during any shooting phase, that unit gets Counterattack and Rage.
- Characters and vehicles have the "It will not die" SR. Techmarines have +1 to repair
- Non, vehicle models get FnP (6+). If model already has FnP, gains +1 instead.
- FnP (4+) vs flamers. Reroll to wound and to penetrate when firing flamers.
- All characters improve one weapon to Mastercrafted
- Shrouded during until turn 2. May add +1 to night fight roll
- May use jump packs both in Movement and Assault phase. Reroll to wound HoW attacks.
Some info about the Special Characters
- Gives Scout to the Bikes in his army
- Give 1D3 victory points if he kills the enemy warlord in a challenge.
Warlord trait: 12" bubble of rerolling L tests
- No changes
Warlord trait: FnP
- No changes
Warlord trait: Fear. Fear tests with 3D6
- No changes
Warlord trait: FnP
- Sternguard vets have objetive secured SR
- Oath of Rynn: same
Warlord trait: FnP
- No changes
- Warlord and unit have Furious charge
- Cenobyte servitors give FnP at 6"
- Units in same Detachment use warlord L
Demi-Company (See above)
Anti-Air Defence Force
- 1 unit of Hunters
- 1 unit of Stalkers
- If one Hunter hits a flyer with the main weapon, all Stalkers in the unit get +1BS when firing at this flyer.
- Unit of Stalkers: Mínimum 2
1st Company Task Force
- 3-5 Units from:
- At the beginning of the game, pick an enemy unit. Units in this formation have Preferred Enemy against the picked unit
- Enemy units get -2 to L, if they are a 12" of a mínimum of 3 units of this formation
Strilke Force Ultra
- 1 Captain
- 2 Termi squads
- 2 Assault Termi squads
- 1 Venerable Dreadnoght
- 1 Stormraven
- 1 LR Crusader or Redeemer
- All units stay in Reserve. Start rolling on your turn 1.
- After coming from reserves, or disembarking, shooting weapons of the Termi squads get +1 shoot (For Example, Assault Cannon becomes Heavy 5)
- When disembarking from a transport, assault Termi units get +1A.
Captain must have Terminator Armour
All units must enter via DS, unless embarked in a Transport.
Reclusiam Command Squad
- 1 Chaplain
- 1 Command Squad
- All units at 6" benefit from the Fanatic SR, not only the Chaplain unit
- Unit must purchase a Razorback. Chaplain may not leave the command squad.
10th Company Task Force
- 3-5 units of:
- Precisión shots during first turn
- If the unit has not the Stealth SR, they get it until the move, shoot, charge, etc.
- Scout bikes must purchase the mines.
- 1 Stormraven
- 2 Stormtalons
- Make only a reserve roll for the whole unit
- Stormraven gets the Strafin Run SR, if at least a Talon is alive.
Centurión Siege Breaker Cohort
- 2-4 Assault Cent squads
- 1 Ironclad
- If they destroy a Transport, unit inside the 2D6 S6 AP4 hits, Ignore cover.
- Reroll to penétrate vs buildings
Land Raider Spearhead
- 3 Raiders of any type.
- See previous posts
- Pick one Librarian, This guy knows all the powers of any Lib of the formation at 12". Those Libs may not cast powers this turn. Picked Lib harness warp charges with 3+ if one Lib is at 12" or less. If 2 Libs at 12" or less, harnessing is with 2+.
Armoure Task Force
- 1 Techmarine
- 0-3 TFC
- 3-5 Units of
- 0-1 Chronus
- Ignore crew shaken and stunned if at 6" of a Techmarine or a Techmarine gunner
- Thechmarine and Techmarine gunner get +1 to Ominissiah rolls (repair vehicles)
- 1 Whirlwind unit
- 1 Landspeeder unit
- One landspeeder may pick an enemy unit at 12". Whirlwinds reroll to hit vs this unit. If the picked unit is out of range of the whirlwinds, the may fire ignoring it.
via Leman Russ SW on Warseer
Raven Guard get shrouded till the start of turn 2
honor guard Still the same, get raider as transport, units of up to 10, can take relic blades and Champion can take Hammer.
Jump packs can still be used for movement and assault and get rerolls, I believe all units and Dreadnoughts get shrouded but not 100%
If you take a full company all dedicated transports are free
You have to take a Demi company which is Captain or Chaplian, 3 Tac Squads, 1 Dev Squad or Dev Centurion Squad, one Assault, bike or Assault Centurion Squad then you can take different Auxiliary detachments. The Demi Company allows you to use the Tactical Doctrine once per game. Most of the Auxiliary detachment can be take on their own as a formation.
The fluff section just has one page of fluff for each main chapter and they are a few badly drawn pictures of a few of the successor chapters. They maybe more but that all I saw, wasn't really looking at the fluff.
Didn't check scout bikes, if you take the scout formation they all get precision shot first turn and any turn they don't do anything they get shrouded.
Only Compulsory in gladius is a demi company, there are lots of auxiliaries you can take. No free stuff unless you take a full company then you get free dedicated transport.
Gadius is the name of the Decurion style formation the only thing you have to take is a demi company there are lots of options to take most of the stuff in the codex with it. heavy bolsters are not free neither is flakk.
Crusader squads can buy one scout per regular marine and a LRC as dedicated transport.
Not sure on Termi weapons, Gladius depends on the units you take each formation has its own bonus'. Pred are in squadrons, Auto Canon still the same but if you take 3 you get monster and tank hunter.
The others are normal formations. Not sure on the bonus for the Gladius apart from the Tac Doctrine and I can't remember if that came from the Gladius or Demi formation. Eviscerators are 1 per 5 models in a assault squad. Didn't see them in the war gear list but thats not to say they are not there just didn't see them. Orbital bombardment is the same iirc large blast ap 1 always scatter 2d6 ordinance.
Didn't check the Razor back entries, Apocs are upgrades and still can't take any other weapons only veterans can. Think champ is an upgrade too. No Jumpacks or terminator armour for them only bikes.
Not sure if units have to be at full strength sorry. I am going from memory.
Relics are the same as before. Vehicles squadroning and the bonus' they get are pretty big changes. The coloured in pictures are nothing to write home about. Didn't spend much time looking at the fluff part sorry just the rules really.
None of the formations can take Chapter Masters only Captains but seen as a Chapter Master is an upgrade for a Captain they may be allowed, the named Chapter Masters are allowed in them for example.