This week was just busy, not just with real life doing what it always does, but we had a crazy schedule because well..... Chaos Daemons.

Presence of Faeit is my weekly editorial. I generally report during the week what is going on, and today is my day to comment on what exactly it is that I am thinking of.


Chaos Daemons and 6th Edition
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/03/chaos-daemons-first-look-video.html
Chaos Daemons are now out, and I am sure everyone is spending a ton of time digesting all the information on them. Pesonally I do not play Chaos Daemons, but I am very interested in them. So with that said, my look at the army now is from an overall 40k perspective. So take what you will of that.

Over all I would say this might just very well be the best codex of 6th edition so far. The number of options for fieldable armies is quite large, and although there are a lot of people feeling that they got nerfed (we knew screamers and flamers were going to be reduced), I think the codex did a lot for daemons.

I really look forward to seeing the new Daemon codex hit the tabletop. I think we will be seeing a large variety of new daemon units now, and that is exciting. I have spent some time with the codex just reading, and looking at mono god armies, and I it very much looks like they can be done now, even that the book is suggesting that we do it. So yes, overall I really like the new codex.

One other positive is that Chaos Space Marines were done, followed by their only battle brother..... Chaos Daemons. This was nice to get done relatively close to each other, as with 6th edition I think that only looking at one codex does not and will not complete your army anymore since the addition of allies.

With both Chaos armies now out, both can be seen as a whole, with either side really holding their own for each other.

I see a lot of possibilities for this, and later I will be discussing it in more detail.

Eldar
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/03/eldar-rumors-get-jump-start.html
This week we had a great rumor set regarding Eldar. If you missed it, just follow the link above. I have always wanted to do eldar, and seeing these rumors gets those juices flowing. Not to mention that there was quite a bit of "not to post information" that I was given on top of those rumors. I am not trying to do the i know more than you thing, I am simply trying to say that the source sent a lot more very detailed information on how things were turning out. My point is.... This codex has the potential to just wow the community, and I am really looking forward to it.

The Eldar codex is rumored to be coming out this fall, (sorry southern hemi's) or in the 3rd quarter of this year. The one thing that I think will benefit from this release, is Dark Eldar. While battle brothers, I do hope that there is something besides just harlies that crosses straight over, or effects the Dark Kin side of things. I love the dark eldar, but they really do need to get the Void Raven. So I am patiently waiting.

Having an Eldar release will mean a lot to two armies, both Tau, and to Dark Eldar. So Tau players should be rejoicing, for they will get a Tau codex, followed by one of their biggest battle brothers, Eldar. A lot of crazy days ahead of us.

Valhalla
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/03/valhalla-event-confirmed.html
I am very excited for this trip. I have deleted the Grey Knights from my armies to bring, and in their place am considering either Imperial Guard or Dark Eldar. 6 days of games, I really do not want to be limited to one army, but I cant bring my entire collection of models, nor can I get them all painted.

So if I can figure out how to get my Dark Eldar transported through the airport etc, I will probably be taking them. Otherwise my IG would be much easier to take on the trip.

List Building
I am working hard on breaking the code between a Dark Eldar and Eldar merge for my lists. This is of course proving harder than it looks as there is just too much that I want to get into it. Of course I do have the harly death stars, but that is not what I am looking for in a list. So I have been going through my lists and really working on getting a list that is playable at 2500pts for the battle brothers.

What I am looking for, is a way to merge what models I have into a single list..... inclusions
Dark Eldar Warriors
Splinter Cannon Trueborn
Raiders and Ravagers
Archon and Haemonculi HQs
Farseers
Fire Dragons
Pathfinders
Dark Reapers

Somewhere in that mess, I need to be able to take on flyers and armour...... come on Void Raven.........where are you?
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...