Getting back on track with the pics of the week, I thought I would start off again with the iconic Blood Angels. They are just not at enough gaming tables at the moment, and in 6th edition they do have some unique tactics and abilities that I wish that I would see more of on the tabletop.

I am going to be expanding upon how I do the Pics of the Week, and include models done in the theme of the pics. Perhaps some inspiration will come of it. Artists of course are in the pic file name for credit.

Pics of the Week happen every Tuesday where I share from my Warhammer pic library. I collect these all the time from all over, and sharing them is just fun.




Blood Angels via Warhammer 40k wiki
The Blood Angels are one of the 20 First Founding Legions of the Space Marines and were originally the IX Legion before the Second Founding broke the Legiones Astartes up into 1000 separate Chapters. They are well-known across the galaxy for their bloodthirsty nature in battle, and feared for the curse of flawed gene-seed they carry. The Blood Angels are amongst the longest-lived of the Adeptus Astartes, with some of the Chapter's Space Marines having served the Emperor of Mankind for over a thousand standard years. Thanks to recent events, the Blood Angels' numbers have been severely depleted. Under the threat of extinction, and in order to quickly replenish their numbers, the Blood Angels were forced to ask their kindred Successor Chapters from subsequent Astartes Foundings for a tithe of warriors from the related Chapters' pools of Neophytes, their candidate Space Marines. With these tithes of new recruits, the Blood Angels were able to replenish their losses, though they still face a time of trial like none the Chapter has known since the days of the Horus Heresy.



By Filsy

by_moloko_satany



















10 Comments:

  1. Remember, Blood Angels players to come visit BA Devastators at www.onlybloodangels.blogspot.com

    Natfka, thanks for dropping pictures. It does tremendous things to players' imaginations and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That guy by Filsy is great! I love playing with the Blood Angels, but I don't get nearly as much game time as I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! If I ever go back to loyalists (CSM has my heart right now) then I will certainly be doing Blood Angels. I love jump packs and the wearers can be very dynamically posed, so the proliferation of them is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blood Angels have always been and will always be my favorite thing about 40k.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I do up a Blood Angel army list in 6th i scrap it for something else because what I want to play (Jump heavy Descent of Angels) took too big of a hit with not being able to null deploy.

    That coupled with jump packs on Death Company and Vanguard Vets being as expensive as a whole other marine (and being succeptable to overwatch)and its tought to play them in this edition.

    I hope that when a new Codex comes out it re-examines how many points they are charging for a 1 wound model to have a jump pack.

    (Incidentaly, Wolf Guard have the same issue with the cost for them to take a bike!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sad truth - I hate it was GW pretty much invalidated all the Razorback purchases I made in 5th for my BA.

      25 points is a hell of a lot for a jump pack, paying 75 base for a naked priest with a jump pack, smacks something horrible now that Furious Charge lost that initiative bonus (so BA stand a much lower chance of murderising other marines with impunity)

      I guess we still have fast Vindicators, Mephiston and the best Stormraven. A little early to be asking for a new codex (even though I agree that there really isn't a lot to be done with the current BA book) - the last one only came out in mid 2010

      Delete
    2. Blood Angels are still fine. You need to play different sorts of lists though, it's true. Bolter death company are the way to go now.

      Also, there is pretty much zero incentive to play a pure army list now that allies are allowed.

      Forge a narrative! :)

      Delete
  6. Wait! Isn't Hitler that terminator without helmet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the first thing I noticed. weird!

      Delete
    2. Ha! It is. That's where all that xenophobia comes from!

      Delete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...