Update #14 for The Genesys Project Kickstarter this time including the last of the Domain Primers on how to create your factions.
To find out more about the current (successfully funded) Kickstarter and dive in to support the project, just follow the link here. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thegenesysproject/the-genesys-project-the-birth-of-genesys
PRIMER: CREATING THE FEY
The Fey exist outside of reality and are also the most different when it comes to creating a faction for them. These are the Angels, Demons, Elemental, and much more. They are Eternal.
WHERE THE FEY EXCEL
The Fey are often highly specialized within their Spheres of Influence. While their Starting Characteristics are typically lower than the other Domains and their Traits heavier in point cost, their focus and unique abilities make their incursions into reality a definite challenge to the other Domains in all areas.
THE PATH OF LIGHT, DARKNESS, AND TWILIGHT
The Fey originate from beyond the Ethereal. Theirs is a realm of magic, light and darkness, primordial and refined. For the Fey, Good and Evil are tangible and pure. It is because of this that they must choose a Path. Illuminated on the Path of Light, veiled on the Path of Darkness, or within the Shadows of Twilight.
SPHERES OF INFLUENCE
Within each Path lies the Spheres of Influence. These are the precepts of the Path they walk.
Spheres of Influence:
Path of Light - Celestial, Justice, Truth, Heroism, Healing, Courage, the Ascended, and Protection
Path of Darkness - Infernal, Corruption, Deceit, Madness, Pain, Fear, Death, and Destruction
Path of Twilight - Primal, Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Ethereal.
All Three Paths have different access to the Spheres of Influence. Both the Path of Light and Darkness have some access to Twilight Spheres, while the Twilight Path has some access to either Light or Darkness.
INSIDE THE SPHERES OF INFLUENCE
Traits: In each Sphere of Influence are Lesser and Greater Traits, unlocked as normal for the Fey requiring a Lesser Trait within that Sphere to unlock a Greater Trait. You may take traits from multiple spheres or specialize within a single sphere of influence to gain a bonus.
Powers: Also, within each Sphere are powers. Powers are the spells and magic that all of the Domains attempt to reach through various forms of channeling and as such can be dangerous for non-fey to cast. The Fey, however, have direct access to these powers and are able to customize or modify the powers during gameplay. This means a power can be strengthened, or a power altered to have a stronger or larger effect radius as needed.
LESSER AND GREATER FEY
All Unit Classes for the Fey are divided into Lesser and Greater Fey. Lesser Fey are only capable of having Lesser Traits and Powers. Any Greater Traits from Faction/Species Traits are not acquired by the Lesser Classes.
- Lesser Classes: Class Levels 1-2 May only have Lesser Traits and Powers
- Greater Classes: Class Levels 3-5 May have Lesser and Greater Traits and Powers
UNIT CLASSES WTIHIN THE FEY
- Disciples, Acolytes, and Arch Lords: These are the standard Level 1-3 classes that are very much a part of your faction and include all the Spheres of Influence within your faction.
- Minions and Incarnates: Are dedicated to only a single Sphere of Influence within your faction. They cannot have traits from the other Spheres and have their own Starting Characteristics which are swapped out with the standard Starting Characteristics of the Fey.
- The Devout: Then there are the Devout, who are solely dedicated to your Faction’s Paragon (near god-like beings - your Level 5 Class) and have abilities and powers given by their Paragon.
- The Paragon: Paragons are the perfect example of their spheres of influence. True masters of their realm and often looked upon as gods to the mortals of Genesys.
The Fey are as varied as are their Spheres of Influence. They can control an array of powers and have access to otherworldly abilities that can change the look of the battlefield, alter reality, and even tempt time itself.
Coming Next: CUSTOMIZING AND CASTING MAGICAL POWERS