Today is Easter Sunday, so I will be brief. However I did want to mention getting a game in against the Chaos Marines loaded down with just overwhelming plasma. I fielded my anti-psyker Grey Knight list loaded with Purifiers against them, and it was not pretty. It really was the first time this list was pushed this hard.

Presence of Faeit is my weekly editorial. I generally report during the week what is going on, and today is my day to comment on what exactly it is that I am thinking of.




Video
I have finally sat down and figured out how to do video. This is a big step forward, so I am planning on putting together battle reports now in video when I have the time to do so. I was going to just do a full one, however my game was cancelled at the last minute last night.

So the good news is that I will be doing full video battle reports now. They should be interesting.


Night Lords and Plasma
I just have a few words without going into a full battle report that I have video for..... Ouch. To put it mildly, I was in charge of round 1 and 2. After that all semblance of order left the field. I was set up to destroy psykers, dead. Well, that failed all game long........  as I was not able to get even one of them. In fact, lash and plasma were wrecking me even when lash failed and I had cover. It was a Capture and Control game, and I had his objective at the bottom of 3. A unit of purifiers with a grenaded out techmarine took both a 5 man marine squad and a full 10 man squad, and was able to set up in full cover. Even with his lash failing...... he teleported in his terminators and brought a chosen squad to bring the full death of plasma to me...... I lost everything. 15 rapid fire plasma shots ripped into those trees for a total of 30 shots. Nothing survived. I lost a full unit of 10 with the techmarine.

That was not the only unit I lost like like that. Havocs with 4 plasmas hit with 7 and killed 7 out of another 10 man unit of purifiers, and things started going south after that. Somehow my unit holding my objective with reinforced aegis was able to be lashed away and then lashed again. While I was able to get back, by then someone else was there as well. No objectives were held after 6 rounds, and it looked like after 7 if it had went that far, that we would both be holding our own, but no that was it. Crazy game in the end.

For you plasma naysayers, he lost two marines to plasma in that game, and fielded 32 plasma weapons I think.

Site
Site went past 3 million views about a week or so ago. Pretty exciting.

Rumors and Shamanism
For the most part this week is all about Empire for Fantasy. I am looking forward to moving past this release, because its time for some warhammer 40k stuff to appear.

Reading on some other sites, I find it funny how people instantly dismiss Harry's rumor set on flyers and seeing Chaos Legions and Dark Angels this year. I suppose its possible we will only get one of the two and some xenos towards the end of the year, however the rumor mongers have said more than once now that we will be seeing Tau and Eldar next year, so whats left? Chaos Daemons? Not entirely logical, however I understand how people want to look to patterns for releases.

I would equate these patterns everyone holds dear to shamanism and reading the bones to see patterns on how they fall, but I wont go that far. Releases do fall into patterns, as alternating Imperial / xenos is just a sound of way of doing it. With 6th edition coming around, seeing Chaos Legions and Dark Angels is logical with both of them appearing in the starter set, the mystery image on White Dwarf, and even some of the rumors.

Something that is interesting is that so far Fantasy has now had two releases in 4 months. That makes it pretty easy to see a 3rd fantasy release this year. Could 40k do the same thing. With 6th edition coming out it seems unlikely. However I would be interested in seeing what codex people think is coming out, since I can only speak for what I read and what I myself think. Chaos Daemons? Tau? Eldar? Could one of these come out this year?

Dream Scenario........
My dream release schedule would look something like this..................
Chaos Legions- May
6th Edition- July
Chaos Daemons- August
Dark Angels- November
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...