A little late night snippet, discussing whether or not we are going to see flyers as part of the 6th edition or as something else. Also spotted in the GW distribution centre is what appears to be an Ork Aircraft.

Please remember that his is a rumor and to grant it the standard amount of salt.

via Harry
I would say probable that fliers rules and scenarios will be part of the 6th ed core rules

As for the models ... maybe not released with the core rules but possibly following right on its tail in July, August and September .... as White Dwarf releases, (like we got the rules for the VC big kit in WD).

Not that this rules out a supplement a few months after which expands on the basic flyer rules and adds more fun stuff and scenarios you can try to get even more air miles out of your new fliers.


via The Underdog
 I can confirm the existence of the Ork flier. No idea what it is for certain but there are boxes on the shelves of the GW distribution centre containing what appeared to be an Ork aircraft - I assume this means we will see it in the next few months!

(please note: I did not get a close look at this and merely saw it on a shelf at a distance - I did also see Necron wraiths and tomb spiders though and the cover of the next white dwarf - with a large Necron on it!)

I was rather a way form said box. I'm not even 100% sure it was orky tbh - I'm saying it was based on the shape - very similar to Ork aircraft from FW and the box colour being the usual Ork yellow.....

14 Comments:

  1. Really? "I would say probable that fliers rules and scenarios will be part of the 6th ed core rules." So good ol' Harry is guessing again??

    Well hell, I'll confirm it. Flyers are defenitly in 6th ed rules.

    Grant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grant I just to apologize to you even if you don't care. However ibharry is a fake then let him keep talking stupid stuff, but you don't need to call him publicly. I understand what your trying to warm us and thank you but I think most of us our old enough to reach our own conclusions.
      With sincere respect
      JD

      Delete
    2. Well thank you, that is very upstanding of you to apologize. I also apologize for being brash.

      And you are right, prehaps I should not be so brash towards harry. It just gets me a little bent out of shape. Harry isn't really even bad. It is guys like theDarkGeneral that get me a wee bit hot under the collar.

      I will show some more restrain from here on out.

      Grant

      Delete
  2. rumours like theunderdog's are my absolute favorites. Very hopeful excitement, but seen through a blurred lens, so no gauruntees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well everyone likes an underdog...

      Delete
  3. Isn't that art from the derailed 40k MMO?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's a few years old too.

      Delete
  4. Not long now until we see pictures of the May WD for ourselves.

    What Harry says about fliers being released with WD rules makes sense. With lot's of races having a flyer I think it's inevitable that ALL will get at least one.

    However, the 6th edition flyer rules might just be adding air assault and super sonic to the list of special rules!

    IF there's a supplement, it could be like 'Spearhead'. WD rules, with datasheets and some fancy rules which won't destroy the game, and don't have to be used in 'normal' games.

    Just speculation on my part! I might well be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taanekh, i couldn't agree more. I would much rather have Flyers as an expansion or supplement so they wouldn't have to be in all games. While i umderstand people think flyers are amazing, there is problem that if your opponent has flyers and you don't then your gonna b screwed turn 1. Then new players or those on small budgets wouldn't have to blget flyers or learn the possible headscratching rules for them.

      Just my thoughts...

      Delete
    2. It would be better just to balance flyers so you can make competitive builds with or without them.

      Delete
    3. True, but but the actual reality of ALL the armies flyers being balanced is a very small window. If i want to use a game with flyers then i will ask my opponent if we can use the flyer expansion. If they are in the main book then I would be hesitant. Its not that i dont like flyers but sometimes I just want to play A "ground war" game. But who knows, I might be eating my words in a few months? :) also I wonder if they will add a new box to the FOC for flyers as for necrons the flyers are in FA and HS, so I would just wonder...

      Delete
  5. I already have an Ork flyer I'm working on, a looted Valkyrie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well ork fighters and fighter bommers are kinda lame with the rules right now... but i guess they would stream line FW rules anyway... so, we will have to see

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice article. I think it is useful and unique article. I love this kind of article and this kind of blog. I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your website.
    Flyers & Marketing

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...