Often I hear a lot of misc rumors and time lines that are given to me. So it was time for me to put them down on paper so to speak, and to logically take a look at what I have been hearing. This is no way set in stone, but is what I have been piecing together from various sources whispering in my direction. The most exciting though being that Tau should be seen in an early February release.

While not much of this is new, and seems to fall mostly in line with a few others like Harry or Hastings, there has been some misdirection of late on other sites, so I thought I would help solidify what I have heard and what I think.

This is a combination of my thoughts and whispers I have heard of late.

2012
May : Necron 2nd wave
Jun : Chaos Space Marines or Dark Angels?
Jul : 6th edition.
Aug : Chaos Space marines/ Dark Angels?
Sep : 40k Starter set : Dark Angels v’s Chaos
Oct : 40k codex? Warriors of Chaos?
Nov : The Hobbit
Dec :

2013
Jan: Hobbit Box Set
Feb: Tau (this is what I have been hearing behind closed doors)
late 2013: Eldar

Notice how I did not place a large flyer release anywhere in the list. Although flyers seem to definitely be set for 6th edition, I have gathered that it will not be a single big release. Instead that it just might very well correlate with a Dark Angels codex and release in August. (In essence giving other space marine chapters their flyer as well), and then another small release in September.

With flyers we have heard that an Ork flyer was likely spotted, and a release set for later in the year makes sense.

19 Comments:

  1. Can see a lot of sense to what you're saying.

    Agreed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem I see is that there are simply too much 40k going hand in hand. I dont know if 40k is more popular than Fantasy but Fantasy got almost nothing with their new edition.

    I'd love to see a full 5 months of nothing but 40k but I'm sceptical. It depends on how much they will try to hype it all up though.

    With the Diablo 3 open beta going on and full release next month I will be busy for the next couple of months so time will just fly by :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There may just be this much 40k considering we've had hardly nothing so far and it is 40k's anniversary year.

      Delete
  3. I actually think either chaos or dark angels will come out at the same time as the new rulebook, just so both armies in the box set have a 6th ed codex. Other than this, this is very similar to how i think its going to turn out also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a Tau player, I'm very hopeful that Feb is real. I know that " hope is the first step on the road to disappointment", but there's not a lot of codices left to do after the expected releases of this year.

    Hownowbrowntau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me with eldar.

      Delete
  5. What big stuff was released for the warhammer 25th anniversary in comparison. So far this year has been a huge disappointment 40k wise. The new paints are awesome but gw needs to understand that they are making only a fraction from me they would normally get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warhammer Fantasy didn't really get anything for its 25th anniversary.

      Delete
  6. Ya know tere should be a contest where we all write what we think the schedules for 2012-2013 will be and whoever gets both year exactly as they are released should win $1,000,000. Bit I doubt anyone would win due to GW crazy marketing principles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orks February 2013

      Delete
    2. I have played with orks and against them alot. They do not need a new codex.

      Delete
    3. I agree...in principle. Unfortunately it seems 6th ed is all about flyers and the Greenskins need some love on that front. I can imagine a reworking of their Codex would only make them better. But YES, Orks kick names and take ass as far as I'm concerned atm.

      Delete
  7. Chaos vs Dark Angles? How original is that? Two power armour armies in the starter set. If past starter sets are at all relavent, then I do not think so. Plus, Chaos marins are played like space marins but more assult oriented. The two armies are too similar for them to be in the starter set in my opinion. Instead of ANOTHER space marin codex, give some love to xenos races, like tau and eldar who really need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like 2 see two xenia armies too. To newcomers DA and CSM would probably look the same except one is black(bad)the other is green(good) idont see how they would sell I only to get the mini rulebook like I usually do. But we have plenty of time and MUCH can change...

      Delete
    2. I suspect they want to do "good guy" vs "bad guy" in the starter box. You know Space Marines are getting the good guy spot. Unfortunately Tau and Eldar aren't really "bad guys."

      Delete
    3. I (unfortunatly) have to agree with you Ty, eldar and tau aren't exactly bad, and the starter set has always been good vs bad. What would be intresting is instead of csm they have chaos deamons.

      Delete
    4. Eldar and necron would be awesome. Since eldar supposed 6ed and apparrently "good guys" an necrons an eldar are mortal enemies. Makes perfect sense to me!

      Delete
    5. @JayDee, that would be a nice one. My friend would go crazy for that starter! however I would put Necron & Eldar under the title of Order. You would want to place it more Chaos vs Order.

      Delete
    6. Sorry tyarlashan I would have to disagree with you on the necrons being order. Their souless killing machines, and although Mr. Ward did make it harder to believe, I still believe they are they are the biggest threats to the galaxy aside from tyranids, daemons, and maybe orks.

      Delete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...