It seems that some in the Gygax family has grabbed the tradmark for TSR and started a magazine called Gygax Magazine, who's first edition was supposed to be released this month. (havent seen it). If it does come out, even though rpgs are a thing of my past, I would still pick up the magazine.

Many of us still remember those very old days of Greyhawk, and the early days of gaming. I recall them with a lot of good memories, and still have some of those old books. (I am in the process though of getting rid of them). Still though when something with a trademark TSR comes up by the Gygax family, it catches my attention.


Please know that I have not signed up for any news or updates on the magazine, simply because I am always weary. So if you do so, do so at your own risk. here is the link
http://gygaxmagazine.com/

This information comes from Grognardia, a blog, where you can find a few more details if you are interested.
Hi guys, this is Jayson. I'm the editor for Gygax Magazine.

Gygax Magazine is myself, Ernie Gygax, Luke Gygax, Tim Kask, James Carpio, and Jim Wampler. Our first issue is out in December; since it's not finished yet, we've been pretty quiet about things until it's ready.

Just to address some of the questions, I thought it was best that I leave a reply. We do own the trademark for TSR, and have since December of 2011. We are a new company, not the old TSR, as they were purchased by Wizards in the '90s. The trademark was abandoned about nine years ago, and we registered it in 2011. 

We decided the best thing to release first as TSR was a gaming magazine, because we wanted a way to bridge the traditions of the old guard with the awesome new games that are out today.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...