Last week there were quite a few rumors, and it was a busy week for myself. While 40k is on the top of my thoughts, its going to be another week or so before I can finally get a game in.

Presence of Faeit is my weekly editorial. I generally report during the week what is going on, and today is my day to comment on what exactly it is that I am thinking of.


The Good News
I am finally moving. That means just over a full year has gone by since I first put in an offer on this house, but finally its mine. The details and pitfalls of this house were huge, and writing them down would be longer than I have here. It was a short sale, but by no means does that relate to the time frame involved, nor the headaches caused by the sellers bank, their FHA loan issues, possibly the sellers themselves, and the amount of over regulation (buyers are screwed) that is current law that is beyond the most illogical thing you could imagine.

Regardless of the problems, I am not currently moving into the house, and will be there full time as of this coming Thursday. So once moved, I will get settled, and you should see much more articles here again. It will be nice to get settled before Christmas, and finally get some gaming in again. Very excited for that.

The Bad News
Of course there has to come with some bad news as well. While my pneumonia has me at about 90% feeling better, it makes it hard to move things. So while I put in two 14 hour days (friday and sunday), Saturday my kidney stones decided it was time to start moving again. Of course they were supposed to be already passed by now, but they are taking their own time on getting out.

Long story short, I was back getting it checked, have some new meds to help pass this thing, so it will stop randomly deciding to start moving again. When its moving there not a whole lot you can do except hope that you are near some pain meds, and wait it out.

Rumors
This week there was a lot regarding the tau battlesuit in the works, and personally, I really hope this thing is a  monstrous creature, or gets better walker stats. However, seeing new things on what we might be seeing for a Tau codex are a ton of fun, so I hope we see a lot more this week.

Dark Angels of course, I plan on playing. With my dual Dark Vengeance sets, I ended up with the Dark Angel sides of them, and already started painting them as a Dark Angel successor chapter the Guardians of the Covenant. So I really look forward to getting them out and getting back to work on them.

Imperial Guard
For some reason, I am going to be buying some more artillery pieces. I have been working on lists on some of my down time while sick, and have some fun lists that I really want to get out and hit the table with. This of course means some new models, so I will have to get to work and order them once I get into the new house.

Imperial Guard is just one of those codices that is standing out more and more for me in 6th edition, as a very much stand alone codex. Meaning one that can function completely on its own in this new environment without allies. Not to mention that I have a ton of it.

So yes that means that I tend to find other codices need something to compete in the new rules, but I am sure we can really get into that topic heavily at a later date when I have more time for it.

For Now
While I am moving, do not worry, I will still have my hands on the pulse of the rumor mill. I may be a little bit slower on it than normal, but I will be here and will be working on whatever it is that shows its face this week. Expect Thursday to be a hard day for me to post.

23 Comments:

  1. Sorrt to hear the stones are giving you trouble bud. I know that's not fun, working on passing some myself. Keep those meds handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to that 100% charge.

    Yes your're a robot still.

    And have you ever considered fw artillery. They make some nice stuff for my DKoK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new barrage rules make artillery lists real nasty. I run them in batteries of 1 Griffin with 2 basilisks, and put em behind the biggest terrain on the board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm can you elaborate on which rule you are talking about .... I didn't think barafe had changed much from 5th obv vehicles can now move and shoot ord which is nice.

      Delete
    2. I believe Leon is talking about how you can basically snipe models out of a squad with the barrage blast markers.

      Delete
    3. ...and fire inside your minimum range, and always hit vehicle side armor, and and and

      Delete
  4. Good to hear you're moving at last.

    Hope the pneumonia becomes 110% better soon, and the stone swiftly exits.

    Rumours can always wait. Your home and health are the important things.

    I agree about the Imperial Guard. I plan on allying my Guard with more Guard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Natfka

    I hope you make a speedy recovery and it's good to hear that your house moving ordeals are nearly resolved!

    Perhaps the U.S healthcare system should provide medication for relief against the withdrawl symptoms that materialise from not being able to play 40k for 6 weeks.

    Just an idea Glaxo!

    Scissorheart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors....:P

      Delete
  6. Just a FYI , but I can almost guarantee that the sellers bank was the reason you had problems. The selling banks ( for short sales ) now get a better break for taxes ( writing of the monthly loss to them in addition to any other losses )if they can extend the "short sale " process even for a cash buyer they make more money. Making the whole thing a nightmare for the sellers, agents, and the buyer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I Live any closer (Wiltshire) I'd offer to help with the move :) Hope the move goes well with the impending weather on us!

    Recently bought a house myself before the stamp duty kicked in again, and have to say that I agree 100% about legislation being too complicated. Glad it's nearly there tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faeit, hope you manage to purge the chaos and get back to the real world soon. Visit the blog regularly and very much appreciate your hard work. Please don't die on us.

      DS86 - I think Faeit is one of them Americans so I don't think he knows where Wiltshire is. I have to say though, it's the first time someone has posted the name of my home county on the internet, so it was a delight to see.

      If I'm wrong, please feel free to deduct 1 Internet point.

      Delete
  8. Regarding the stones:
    An old school doc told me this- get a six pack. The alcohol numbs pain and supposedly encourages passing better than the meds. No joke. It works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that a six pack of lager buddy? We'll soon know if Nat's taken your advice because his normal attention to grammer and well crafted blogs wil degenrate to Jaydee's level.

    Hehehee - only kidding (sort of) :)

    Scissorheart

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that everything said made a bunch of sense. However,
    what about this? what if you were to write a killer headline?
    I mean, I don't wish to tell you how to run your website, however what if you added a title that makes people desire more? I mean "Presence of Faeit: Moving and Rumors" is kinda vanilla. You might glance at Yahoo's front page and note how they
    create post titles to get viewers interested. You might try adding a video or a related picture
    or two to grab readers excited about what you've got to say. Just my opinion, it could make your website a little livelier.
    Also see my website - tattoo removal

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been working on my Imperial Guard as well I'm going to run 3 Manticores. I don't think many people will like me too much if I do that but hey, who cares. I can be the guy at a comp that everyone says. Oh your up against the 3 Manticore guy.

    Also tossing up if should put in a PBS as well to make what ever I hit with my 3 Manticores fail there pinning test or to run.

    The Colossus has also become a much more juciy choice being AP 3 and ignores cover I have been taking out stuff behind Agies lines and stuff with Jink saves that just seem to be annoying

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see what he posts Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had stones 3 times now. Its not fun in the least. May they pass soon and with minimal pain. When the wave starts to roll in and you know in a few minutes that you're going to be rolling around on the ground waiting for the pain to pass is the worst. :(

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new house! And please take care of yourself first...your health should trump all else.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am looking at getting back into 40k, what are the Rumors concerning the current Tau crises suits, Devilfish and fire warriors, being the same figs that are currently out?

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...