Many rumors are being just discarded along with an event that is going on, and I thought I would post up on it, just to keep people informed.

At the crux of the scenario, is Ghost21. Long time readers here have read much of what he has posted, as this site posts quite a few rumors from all over. Ghost21 has posted this......

via Ghost21
I made It up,I wont be posting any more

This has lead to the death of many rumors. RIP. Tbh, I cannot even go back and list which rumors were by whom, but I know a lot of Tau rumors if not almost all of them originated from Ghost21. Quite a few of the Chaos Legion rumors as well, however there are other sources pointing to these releases. Black Templar I am not sure where they stand for the future.

As it stands I am not going to bury any rumors until the time frame for them are long gone. Here is a post by Straightsilver regarding rumors....


via straightsilver:
I used to post rumours fairly regularly, and more often thatn not they haven't always panned out at all, or if they did not in the way that was expected.

I'm sure this is the case for all the rumour mongers.

This doesn't necessarily mean that the rumour was strictly wrong, things do change but there is also an element of Chinese Whispers as well.

By the time it gets to Warseer (or other forums) it is more often than not 3rd hand information at least.

There has only been one rumour that I have posted that I was 100% certain about, and that's because it came directly from Jes Goodwin, however in in that instance I feel out of respect for Jes that maybe I shouldn't have posted it,

Although in my defence it wasn't apparent that anything he said was top secret, but in hindsight maybe it was only meant for my ears and not the wider community.

I have however posted other rumours when I wasn't so sure because I thought it's what the community wanted, but unfortunately that isn't always the case.

Rumours are just that. The only people that really know are the people at the top, and it's not often that anybody gets to speak to them.

I have 2 sources at GW HQ, both of whom I have been friends with for 20 or so years, and both of whom hold positions that I would consider to be very reliable.

However they are not necessarily privy to the GW release schedule, just what projects they are working on at the time.

We alll know that GW often holds back releases until they feel it is the optimum time for them to sel them, and more often than not they are held back for a reason, and that means changes will be made.

And any source is of course only human, they have opinions and predictions of their own, which then get passed on by somebody else, and somebody else etc. These rumours get embellished and added to long before they get onto the internet.

GW at the very least know 3 months in advance what is coming as that's when White Dwarf is sent to the printers, but I suspect it is a bit more than that.

What I will say is that I have held back on posting rumours for several reasons.

One of which is the trolling or flaming that occurs, but to be honest I am big enough and old enough to ignore that.

But the other reason is because I have been asked not to. I haven't got anybody into trouble, but obviously things said to me by my friends probably shouldn't be repeated on these types of forums.

And the other simple reason is that there simply aren't that many rumours at the moment, or at least not that I can discern.

Thinngs at GW HQ have got a lot tighter, sources have become a lot more tight lipped and although people are working on projects they aren't necessarily told when these things will be released, they are as in the dark as the rest of us.

Obviously they have the same deadlines but this doesn't necessarily equate to a release date any more.

There are projects that have been on the go for more than 2 years now, but there is no indication they will be released any time soon.

So I guess my point is don't be too hard on thhose that do provide rumours, just accept that's alll they are unless they can be absolutely certain it's true (which more often then not thhey can't).

If I would also address the OP, the reason there are simply so many rumours regarding 40K at the moment is simply that there is just so much 40K stuff going on at Notts at the moment.

It is quite possible that projects that should have come out last year were being held back for the 25th aniversary, or it may just be that upon completion GW weren't happy with the end project and had put it on hold.

I would also like to say thankyou to all the rumour mongers, I still enjoy reading them even if they don't pan out so don't be put off posting them.


 I am going to wrap it by saying that anyone that puts up rumors puts a lot on the line. I equate it almost to running for a political office. All the dirt and drama that is about to follow is probably not worth it.

More conversation


via Hokiecow
It doesn't sounds like a confession, but more as "I'm tired of being picked on, I'm leaving!"

via Ghost21
n thats exactly how i meant it,

Thanks to MasterSlowPoke for pointing me to this discussion, apparently I had missed it.

Please keep it civil, but by all means please discuss.....
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...