This las week has been a wild ride for the rumor mill, so much that many people that normally don't touch it have put in their two cents across the Internet community. We had the return of Dark Angels into our vocabulary, a rumor monger died, and new information has been filtering from old sources that have been for too long quiet in the 40k arena.

Presence of Faeit is my weekly editorial. I generally report during the week what is going on, and today is my day to comment on what exactly it is that I am thinking of.

This was supposed to post yesterday, but somehow got missed.


Next Codex
This has turned into something different than it was a week ago. Many of the rumors now floating around, are saying that we may not see a codex until Chaos Legions arrives in all its hard back glory. This would place it sometime just before or just after 6th edition. Even a couple hints that Chaos Legions is closer than we think. (could that mean April?)

While I look forward to this codex, right now I am hoping there is a surprise release before that. On BoK the rumors put Dark Angels as sliding in before 6th edition. Dark Angels with the exception of the image on the spine of the White Dwarf and the one rumor location for them, there are no real hints that Dark Angels are next. In fact, there is no hint that a codex is even coming.

Tau. While I read that packaging is being done as we speak for Tau models, Tau could be still released sometime this year. This is what I am hoping for. I would love to get Tau before hand, but I think a Tau codex in the long run will last longer if it comes out after the release of 6th edition.

Black Templar. Sorry guys, I think you are out. While some models have been seen, I think the codex is not coming. A White Dwarf update might be in order, but other than that, I think a Black Templar codex is just not coming.

What's Next
Here is what I think is exciting. Models, models, models. A Necron wave is most definitely on its way. Tyranids, and even
Space Wolves are in the upcoming mix.

Here is what I am thinking. If we are simply waiting for a new addition and the Chaos Legions codex is next...... A good strategy would be to get caught up model releases before 6th edition hits. This could include some from all the codices were models are missing, as there is lots. IG, Dark Eldar, Space Wolves, Tyranids, and even wrapping up Necrons.

I know most people think that GW does not really plan ahead and they are some evil monstrosity. The plan is logical. Lets get some models released, hit 6th edition, and then get all these codices released that we have been working on in a timely matter. Chaos Legions, Tau, Eldar, and even maybe a space marine codex.

Do they need to put me in charge of the schedule? lol.

Grey Knights
I have been working hard on my 2500pt list, and have finally honed it. Unfortunately it needs more models. Expect to see me down there Chris (if you are reading this). After long debates the Venerables in my lists are taking a walk back down to the vaults, at least for competitive play. A couple months ago I was fielding two, then one, and now they are gone. It is sad, and I will miss them.

Of course I love Purifiers. In fact they are my favorite unit in the game. But what are my Venerable being replaced with? Well, the list of options was pretty big, and while I will not fill in what my final choice is, since it is a tournament list, these were on the option list......

Interceptors: Great way to back up Mordrak, who I am liking and come with anti-deep striking capabilities. They are fast, and can reach side armour shots almost instantly.

Paladins: Great in small numbers, a real headache for opponents. (I do not like Draigowing armies, too slow, and pretty extreme vulnerabilities,)

Terminators: Love the idea of working with Justicar Thawne

Mordrak and Ghost Knights: Not a locked in unit in my lists, could come or go, but have enjoyed him a lot lately

Librarian: They turn Purifiers into something even worse. Need a unit though to deploy them with (terminators)

Assassins: I love my Culexus. I have used him a lot, and he always seems to do well in my games.

Last but not least
Coteaz. Using those extra points for some inquisitorial units is a big plus. One of the most attractive ideas I have been working with.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...