Games Workshop has taken down what looks to be a majority of the hobby articles on their website. While this is an area of their site that I rarely visit once or twice a year, by comments and emails, I think the pages are used quite a bit. Now I wish I really knew what was in there, to see what I missed.

From my inbox this morning, is a call to customer service discussing the removal. Since it is an area that I know very little of, I am posting the email sent to me this morning.

Here is the email via Druchii Monkey.


Hi Natfka,
I read your blog fairly regularly and it's well thought of amongst my
group of gaming buddies.


I'm not sure it's usually the sort of thing you comment on or if it's
too political, but recently GW have taken down the majority of hobby
articles on the GW site.


The story their customer services have given me when i rang them is
that the articles are dated and that they can provide better support
through What's New Today.


But the sheer mass of articles they have removed include articles such
as the cold one knight stage-by-stage, and dark elf corsairs
stage-by-stage (where all paint colours are current), as well the
skaven doomwheel assembly stage-by-stage. Practically 70% of hobby
articles have been removed, some to do with the assembly of complex
kits.


The main rumour on Warseer on this is either that a whole new range of
GW paints will be out in March, or less likely that some sort of new
incentivised/monetised section of the site will be created. Either way
it is something that concerns me as the support those hobby articles
gave was great.


I appreciate some people will be less affected by this than others but
if this was something you felt you could comment on in your blog i
would be very grateful.

Cheers,

Druchii Monkey
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...