Another stunning piece by Neil Roberts for the upcoming (December if I recall correctly) audio book by James Swallow, Garro, Sword of Truth.


via the Black Library
When we showed James Swallow (author of the Garro series) the cover he had this to say:

Nice! Varren looks just like Gerard Butler, which is exactly what I was going for.

I’m really happy to be working with Neil Roberts on the Heresy series, as he absolutely gets what it’s all about. I like the way that Neil is able to produce the covers ahead of time, so that while I’m writing the story, I can have the cover art up on my wall and can draw on those images for inspiration.

One of the best things about writing for Black Library is that there is such a wealth of imagery to refer to, from John Blanche’s early concept drawings and the fantastic cover art, to the models and rules themselves. Whenever I go to the recording of an audio-drama, I take along my copy of the ‘Art of Warhammer 40,000’ (a now out of print art book compiled by Marc Gascoigne and Matt Ralphs) and show the voice actors who they are portraying. This really helps them develop the character, as they often don’t have much prior experience of the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...