This week was a hard one, and I felt like I fell so far behind on what was going on in the world of our Hobby that it was going to be impossible to get caught up. There was a lot of rumors going on and even though the month of November looks rather weak in terms of releases, there is a lot going on at the end of December.

Presence of Faeit is my weekly editorial. I generally report during the week what is going on, and today is my day to comment on what exactly it is that I am thinking of.



General Personal Stuff.
Lets get this down to a quick brief. The house did not close again, but that is the new norm. Cancel movers, painters, reschedule, bitch a lot, etc. Still living out of boxes and getting tired of hand washing plastic silverware.

Kidney stone probably passed, no signs of it, and I have not been on pain meds since Wednesday. As far as my lungs go, they just hurt when I breathe, but are healing. So over-all a better health report than last week when I had pneumonia. I have been told it will take me a couple weeks to fully recover.

Dark Angels
Very little makes me happier at the moment (besides maybe getting better and getting my house), than knowing that Dark Angels are just a heart skip and a beat away. Pre-orders coming up in December will be fantastic, and I look forward to seeing the new units and models.

My Dark Vengeance models have been just sitting around, and it would be fantastic to really get into them, and field them on the tabletop.

The rumors so far, seem tame enough, with several options for deathwing and ravenwing units. I definitely will be looking closer at bikes, and I hope the that the codex really gets into those options, rather than just turning into another mostly terminator army.

Chaos Daemons
I know that my view on the February release will look like a White Dwarf insert. We have heard otherwise off of warseer that it will be a dual codex/Army book release, but that seems a little far fetched. I would love to see a dex release, but I am going with the most logical rumor sets I have heard.

I suppose the next issue with February Daemons, is that I do not expect them in the February White Dwarf, but instead in the March edition, which would mean pre-orders towards the end of February. I know the rumors are not stating this yet, but I just wanted to throw it out, so that those expecting a Feb Chaos Daemons release are not thinking February 2nd (first saturday of the month).

Wrapping it Up
Once I get moved, things will settle down on this end quickly. Back to some battle reports, model work, etc. Right now its rather difficult to have all my models packed and buried under a mountain of boxes. I am also re-looking at the layout of the site some, so there could be some over-all changes coming with the new year.

I know first off this week though, expect the rumor compilations to be updated, because they are all way out of date.

18 Comments:

  1. Can't wait to see if there are a unit or two in codex DA we haven't heard a peep about.

    Bellumvinco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your health gets better. Kidney stones arent fun but deffinately bearable. Just take it easy and try not to stress out about the house situation too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping for a super large codex that has BA, DA, SW, BT, Scars, Salies, etc... but I know it won't ever happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mate, you're a brilliant Blogger, one of the few I actively follow. I feel I speak for the majority here by saying we can forgive you if things are hectic and it is harder to update. Focus on yourself.

    At the end of the day, it still is a hobby about toy soldiers in the Grimdark of 40k.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized that my twins are due to be born the same time as the Daemons are rumored to be released.

    Coincidence?

    That being said, feel better, & Good luck with the house.

    ~Muninn

    ReplyDelete
  6. sry but when did they last have a big releas in jan?
    after Hobbit i suspect more hobbit stuff and not a 40k dex
    Wouldn´t be surprised if next 40k releas is not untill march. We just had the huge terrain releas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would they release more Hobbit stuff? They devoted an entire issue of White Dwarf to it, if they release more then they'll miss their entire target audience, it just wouldn't make sense. Also the "huge terrain release", was essentially one kit, and once that had been sold out, three smaller kits thatbwere part of the original content.

      Delete
    2. Um, January 2012? Vampire Counts...

      Delete
  7. Twins! Bless you! I hope you have patience to spare, lol you're gonna need it. If they are your 1st children. #1 rule. Sleep when the babies sleep. The 1st couple months are brutal. Fatigue makes peoplel crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope we have patience too, and yes these are our first.

      On the plus side I'm a serious night owl, and she's an early riser, so we're hoping to work in shifts. She'll do early mornings while I sleep, we team up during the day, and I handle late night while she gets some shut eye.

      Although "No battle plan survives the first contact with the enemy," so we'll have to see how it actually works. (and yes, I realize in this scenario "the enemy" will be newborns. These poor, poor children)

      ~Muninn

      Delete
    2. I have had triplets Alot of fun!. Ha. Good luck mate.

      Delete
  8. I've been following this blog for a long time. I've never commented on anything, but right now I wanted to say good luck, hang on in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm...I think expecting Death Wing to be awesome is a given, but something tells me that has been done before. I wouldn't be shocked to see Ravenwing for one reason or two to be the new hot thing everyone is gaga over. There is bound to be a surprise weapon that can potentially be meta changing, baleflamers come to mind. Personally a Interceptor/Skyfire missile for the Whirlwind would be...

    Bellumvinco

    Bellumvinco

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know you are a 40k addict when you help post rumors to discuss even as you're homeless and dying from kidney stones and pneumonia.
    Natfka, your devotion brings manly tears to my eyes as I hope that everything works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why does the Daemons codex/army book seem Farfetched? They have already had an update insert booklet and AT THE MOST those update booklets have contained a maximum of 2-3 new units but Daemons are rumoured to be getting at least 6 new units:

    Plaguebearer Cavalry
    Warp Stalkers
    New Daemon Engine
    Tzeentch Charriot
    Khorne Charriot
    Khorn Artillery Charriot

    That to me sounds like the model release quota for a codex release as GW have started releasing just the new stuff along with Finecast updates and since Daemons stuff is already Finecast only thing can be New stuff.

    Just saying, why not release them in February? i dont see whats so hard to believe about that, i mean its not like the Daemons codex was a rescent book and it does NEED some serious changes making to it.

    besides the rumour set even includes the Codex/Army Book Author (Adam Troke) and reliable source Jared Van Kell on Librarium Online says it has already been written...of course that is what he hears from his sources but he is rarely wrong.

    anyway we shall see.

    -DAMO.R

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you feel better, soon! We all really appreciate your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe gw knows the DA will sell no matter when they releaseit so.they expect the hholidays to clear out some old product

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe gw knows the DA will sell no matter when they releaseit so.they expect the hholidays to clear out some old product

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...