White Dwarf is getting a new launch on September 22nd. Its is going to be a big release, and some rumors have it that the next release pre-orders will start that day. I am looking forward to seeing the improvements on the new White Dwarf, and think these are a move in the right direction.
via multiple sources on Feait 212 (multiple separate sources saying the same things)
-White Dwarf will be available digitally.
- a new logo
-The subscription model has changed. No longer will you subscribe for 12 months. You will purchase 12 vouchers to redeem at your choosing. This means you can buy 12 magazines from one month, or 1 magazine any month for 2 years from purchase. Basically you choose what months you want to pick up at the store. Dont want next months.... no problem.
-If you purchase the vouchers and pick it up in the store you will get 4 free issues. Subscription price is $80 ($5/issue)
-If you purchase on the website or get it sent to your home, you will get 2 free issues. Subscription price is $100 ($7.14/issue)
- The price is going to be $10/issue or 8 Euros
- They are shooting for around 160 pages an issue.
- higher quality paper, different cover quality
- very picture heavy
- more articles featuring the Black Library, Eavy Metal Team, Design Studios... Much more
- They expect to have more items attached (posters, key fobs, etc.)
- On September 21st, all old issues will be removed from the stores and website
- At the end of the month (the day before new white dwarfs are released) ALL issues will be destroyed permanently (you won’t be able to order back issues from the website). These are going to be inventoried items and tracked, so there won’t be holding any back at the end of the month, similar to the process when they took the old rulebooks and core sets off the shelves.
- Many more issues will be sent to the store.
- The issues should feature current products and not be filled with advertisements for the first 1/3rd of the magazine.