This week I have quite a few submissions for the Faeit 212 Artist Showcase. This one hits home with me, since I do have a family, so its quite entertaining. I only wish that my modelling and painting skills for my models were as good as the ones he gives his daughter for refridgeration.

This hobby is about many things, but one of the few things it is not often called is art. By any terms of work, or artistic creativity, there are many Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy models found throughout the world that are pure artwork at its finest. From painting, sculpting, and to customization, this hobby produces some of the best, and this is their showcase.

If yours was not shown today, then don't fear, there are more coming this week and weekend. Also note that I am a day late with this article..... I just fell behind with all the information coming out with 6th edition..

Here are a few pics of a Blood Angels Razorback I did for my daughter (she was 2 at the time and loved "Da wed ones1"). She wouldn't keep her hands off my space hulk models so I built her a small force of blood drinkers, blood angels and death company that was slightly less pointy and hurt-ee. She loves the tank and it's pretty much indestructible (great kit for kids). Is it ironic that I keep finding the Razorback from her little razor spam army in the cheese drawer in the fridge or is she trying to comment on the state of 5th ed?

Zab






9 Comments:

  1. That tank looks great! I've been painting with my oldest daughter (7 now) since she could hold a paint brush. She has painted quite a few of my 'Scary Faces' which I use in my regular Ork army. It's always fun for people to notice them and say "Purple Orks? Pink Orks?" and me to be able to proudly proclaim my 'Pro Artist'.

    I bought her the Reaper Mouselings, and she L O V E S them. She not only paints them, but plays with them as well. It's great daddy/daughter time! Now I've got to train my other daughter, as soon as I'm confident she won't eat the brush....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need the word corrected. It was used properly in its context.

      Delete
  3. At first read I was expecting a Sisters of Battle army.
    Otherwise for the author: Parenting - you're doing it right!

    By the way, one of my fellow gamer had some hard time, when the nanny in the nursery school demanded explanation why a 5-years-old child wants to be Blood Angel on the spring costume party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny...

      "So you want to be a blood.. what?"
      "A blood angel"
      "Ookay.. And you you say you have the.."
      "The black rage"
      "Right, the black rage.
      I might have to call your dad, okay?"


      My 11 year old nephew writes fluff for his armies at school when asked for a story. The teacher is always blown away and consider him an alien.

      Proud to say I was the one to drag him into 40k. ^_-

      Delete
    2. My niece plays Tyranids because she finds them sexy. A teacher overheard her talking to another gamer about this and recommended her parents to get her treatment for her 'deviancy'. Must have been a hillarious discussion.
      On an unrelated note, that tank look great, in particular the wear & tear.

      Delete
    3. Haha carnifexes deffinately=sexy.

      Delete
  4. I think its a great thing to see parents getting involved with their kids with the hobby. I have a 3yr old that wants to paint with "Daddy" I have some old Reaper figs I am going to let her go to town on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff, excellent Rhino and brilliant that your daughter is involved. One of my friends is teaching his daughter to paint at the moment, she's 9 and quite meticulous it seems

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...