My mornings is where I get the most work done on this blog. My routine is simple, wake up, start coffee, work out. Then shortly my coffee is ready to go ( I am going to get nowhere without it), and I hit the computer.

I always start off with email (unless no caffeine then who knows), and work my way through the blog, and then off to hunt down rumors. Starting with email can sometimes bog me down, as I do like to respond to each email that comes in (I probably miss a couple, but I try). There is a huge theme going on this last weekend and up through today, so even though I have answered what I could, I thought I would bring up the  almost single focus of emails I have been receiving. When is the Chaos Marine Codex going to hit?

Around here we tend to work on rumors with release schedules, the next codices and everything that is going to happen in the next few weeks, next month, even next year. There are patterns when information is generally available to us, and I say this only with the experience of doing this now for several years. The pattern is generally that during the week of a big release, the rumors drop off some.

Why? It could be coincidence, but I have never been one to believe in coincidence, and that goes through my veins in every aspect of my life (just as big as the no drama rule). Religion, family, politics, finances, and even to my hobby. Notice the order of that list. Not completely healthy, but that is the order of my life.

So here are my thoughts when it comes to the question about Chaos Marines. I don't know. The rumors you have heard on the the time frame of Chaos Marines, are the same ones I have read. While I do sometimes get information that I cannot release, there is nothing in there regarding the time frames of the codex's release time that I have not been able to share.

This is however, the week of the Dark Vengeance Starter Set release!. The patterns of how rumors generally act, say that this week we may hear sometime regarding its release, however, do not hold your breath. Next week will come. When next week arrives, so does the next release become the most important next big thing. The rumors will come, and they will come because that is what will be on the forefront of everyone's mind.

The Starter Set is going to be wonderful. I have two ordered, as well as a bunch of other things I need, OK, that I don't need, but want. I look forward to seeing the models come Saturday morning, and you know I will do an opening video almost immediately. I am on the back side of the world when it comes to time zones, so the rest of the world gets to open theirs first, but I will still do a box opening video.

After the starter set is released, and possibly even some nugget this week, we will start hearing about the next big release. Yes, it is still Chaos Marines from what I have heard.

So here is my advice. Enjoy the week. If I get anything new regarding the starter set.... I am hoping to post up as much as I can this week on it, and or the next codex release, I will get it up for everyone to read. This week is going to be fun.

btw
I have cracked the Dark Eldar codex. By that I mean whoa, the list might be needing some toning down and be retired with the exception of tournament play. No you don't get the list, but all the bits in it will be posted up. It needs a few more games in against varied list types, but it is an extremely dangerous hard hitting list.

So look forward to some dark eldar tactica this week. Wych bombs are probably coming next.

35 Comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the DE information!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here.

      I ordered a full DE army a few days ago. ^_^'

      It all started with wanting some allies for my Edar and now I'm head over heels for the DE.
      Might use some advice as I'm not the best tactician out there.

      Delete
    2. I'm looking forward to it too.. I haven't really touched my DE army in a while, so I haven't had a chance to practice it in 6th very much...

      Delete
    3. Tell us the secrets!

      Looking forward to more Dark eldar mischief!

      Delete
    4. Awesome. I've been working overtime in getting some Dark Eldar built. I can't count the amount of times the little buggers have pierced my skin; they're very spiky, but some of the best miniatures I've ever seen.

      Delete
    5. Yea I'm dif lookin forward yur advice since I also play DE even due I learned to table yur enemy cuz if nt yu will lose

      Delete
    6. Cracked it, eh? Looking forward to seeing what he has to say too.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for Saturday! I went halves with a DA player to get my hands on those amazing chaos figs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want cultists! But i domt want the entire SS D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those cultists, I'm not sure what I would do with duplicates of the other stuff.

      Delete
    2. Always check with your store to find out who is looking for what. That is the best way to split a starter set or two.

      Delete
    3. The box is amazing. If you don't have a DA army, it's the perfect time to start one. I'm going to start both armies, starting with the starter set!!

      Delete
    4. I'm already in it for 2 Chaos sets ;) just want more cultists. LatD Sevlar Chemdogs!

      Delete
    5. I'm hasitant.... I am Worried that the Units will get nerfed with the comeing dexes... Leaveing the DV figs at 2nd Choice for my DA Army. I'll wait for how they go on eBay

      Delete
    6. I just want cultists. Not all the other stuff evem though i can ally. I dont wamt a csm army as some of my biggest rivales are csm players :/

      Delete
  4. I suspect that the Codex Chaos Space Marines might share Horus Heresy publicity at Games Day. That will be the day advance orders go up for a possible early November release.

    So I think it'll be just like the starter set release.

    Kind of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2nd sentence "My Retinue is simple". Not even an Imperial Inquisitor would be cold-hearted enough call their retinue simple, unless of course you mean your routine is simple. Im betting your spell checker was corrupted by Tzeentch the changer of words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. Spell checker just is not enough to protect from the power of Tzeentch. Some caffeine however is often enough to bring the light of the Emperor back into your life.

      Delete
  6. Here's hoping they didn't waste all of the best druggery on dark eldar without saving some nastiness for the next dark elves book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You cracked the DE codex eh? I've always liked the DE, and if the CSM codex doesn't meet my high expectations, they'd be my choice for a second army. I'll have to keep a close eye out for your tactics to help serve as a base for my own adventures in realspace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GW has recently published some new pics of the Chaos Lord and the Chosen in their blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Downside is that Chosen not only have two similar models, but some models share same bits, thus another Chose One has set of tentacles from his backpack, reloading his bolter, not only their Champion.
      I'm truly impressed by models, of course I've ordered set, can't wait to receive it. But I'm still wondering why GW couldn't create all set models unique.

      Delete
    2. It's just cost cutting. It's a lot cheaper to produce two identical sprues than two that are unique.

      Not that I think GW won't get enough return from the starter to cover making every sprue unique, but the models look to be pretty good value overall so I can't begrudge them making extra profit at the cost of including duplicates.

      Delete
  9. With over 50 games in 5th and 20+ in 6th I've maybe lost 10 games with dark eldar. this is due to playing a lot of tau armies and I find if I don't get first turn, I'm usually insanely crippled after round 1. the best de tactic is that you have a solid codex, viable against all lists from all armies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am hoping this site has some more chaos rumours as this is the only site that I can rely on for such information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well we'll be eager to see more when you can release it. Warseer apparently is all in a huff because the rumors building there are that Dark Angels are next. Methinks the DA Anon troll from here got bored and went to spread his filth elsewhere. And of course, Warseer is exactly the place where they'd gobble all that filth up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know this is a 40k based posting but I haven't heard much mention of WoC lately, any idea when well see them get some attention ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh bigger. Eldar shenanigans. Already had a local powergamer show up with an Eldar/Deldar list at 1 tourny. He switched back to tripple vendetta mech IG because it was too broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not using Eldar as allies. Some good combos, and they help defy the lack of psychic protection that Dark Eldar sometimes need, however the cost is prohibitive on what you need to get done.

      Perhaps when an eldar codex is released, I will revisit the eldar side of things.

      Delete
  14. Sooooo.... when will the Chaos codex drop? Hah! What took so long for someone to ask? But really. When? When? CHAOS! WHEN?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The answer is always the same... Not soon enough

      Delete
  15. Am I the only one that looks at the Cultists and thinks they would look cool in a DE army as Warriors or something?

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...