This has already been a wild week in rumors, so when one of my sources chimed in with a little what's next, I thought I would share.

Please remember that these are rumors and to take with the standard amount of salt.

It was laid out like this, which correlates some to what we have been hearing.. at least a little. Because of the source, I have to paraphrase and be cautious with what was said, in order to protect where it came from. It comes down to this.....

February/March:A second wave of Necrons and Imperial Guard models are next.
Which ones are fairly obvious, Night Scythe, Triarch Stalker, and Tomb Blades for Necrons along side some finecast IC's
Hyrdras and Veteran/storm troopers for IG

March/April: (he said April but that he would not be surprised if they were moved up due to a Fantasy Release). Black Templar

July: 6th edition followed by a Legions Codex. (I asked for more info here, but have not gotten a response)

I asked about Tau, and he said that while they were done, GW had been debating toward the end of last year on whether to release Black Templar or Tau, and decided on the Black Templar. Tau he said will probably fill in a time slot later in the year.

17 Comments:

  1. They are just never enough gothic marines are there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you don't realize is that clearly the Dark Templar are MORE Gothic than the other gothic marines. And, clearly, more is always better....

      ...I just want my Tau :(

      Delete
  2. i wonder how much of the stuff is going to be finecast -.-

    and how big the price hike will wich will prob. come april?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Canoptek Spyders or Wraiths in the second wave? Contradicts all other rumors about the second wave...

    Is the source of the rumor to be taken with a litte bit more grain of salt then the others or vice versa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a dark angels player I'm kind of glad it's BT cause Tau, eldar and chaos are the only armies i can really come close to competeing with. i can't stand the thought of being rolled over by those blue little halfpints;p

    ZAB

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Black Templar's I an very Interested in.. and if the Codex comes out for them may just have to pick that up..Maybe time to leave Chaos and join the Emperor.. but then again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Natfka! I'm especially happy seeing that Legions bit of info ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. dammn dis sucks... i wanted tau to come out.. but then again i want to start an army for once for the emperor.. but when the legions come out, deff going back to be a heretic lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. always always always crapping out on the Tau... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bummer.
    I told myself to expect a November release for tau.
    But it's really disappointing to see it in writing.
    I guess I should just be happy that it's still this year.
    Oops, I just jinxed it.
    2015 here we come...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Chaos players have had to wait 5 years for Games Workshop to realise they made a mistake with our Codex. All Gav Thorpe did was to streamline the third edition codex and make it worse. I'm glad to see that we're getting a new one in July, though.

      Delete
  10. Interesting. BT being next keeps up the Imperium-Xeno release pattern. Althoug I'm quite interested in how they are going to fit Tau in. November should be about Eldar. But maybe the'll come later...

    I'm quite interested in seeing how the BT codex turns out as they are the only loyal Marine faction that I find interesting (being a Xeno player at heart).

    However, still no Tyranid second wave makes me a really sad panda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, another person who noticed the pattern of 40k releases! I thought I was one of the only ones.
      It is true, though, that Black Templars are one of a very few interesting marine factions. Personally, I prefer Dark Angels, but that's because half of them turned to Chaos...

      Delete
    2. But then again there is no Imp-Xeno release pattern.

      Delete
    3. Apart from SM and IG, from SW on, the pattern is SW - Nidz - BA - DE - GK - Necrons. BT are next - I can see a pattern in it. Sure, WH does not count as they are WD update only.

      Delete
    4. The 3 oldest armies at the moment (codex-wise) are black templars, then Tau, then Eldar...

      I want an eldar release this year. ;_;

      Delete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...