Warhamer 40k 6th Edition Rulebooks were shipped out and many people started recieving their's at the end of last week, or they got them on Saturday (the official release date). Things did not go smoothly however...... there were many problems, and some people, who had pre-ordered the book, did not recieve it. This is their tale..........


I am going to add in my 2 cents in only saying that, while many orders were placed, not everything came to the stores in my local area. Collectors Editions and Gamer Edition sets did not make it, even though they were ordered, and the store told they would be getting some. It seems there were lots of problems with the gamers edition, and the dice and holders were often missing. The satchels were absolutely no where to be seen.

Here are two other stories of mishaps that should not have happened....... and were sent in to me.

First Email:
Wanted to bring another Games-Workshop Story to you...
So I ordered my My ultimate version of the new 6th Edition set within minutes of it becoming available for advance order. Well as of this morning I still do not have a shipping notification. After calling GW, the story I was given that "Games-Workshop was overwhelmed with 6th edition orders and the FedEx truck that arrived on Friday, was not large enough to hold all of the pallets going on for shipment."

I as well as many other customers that placed advanced orders in USA are still sitting idle while roughly 15 pallets of 6th Edition books are sitting waiting to be shipped. What bothers me most about this, Is that GW has yet to post any formal apology or even send out an notifications of this shipping error. I had to call to find out. This is just one more strike against GW Who's advanced order process is already flawed for people who choose not ship to their Local GW store either for person reasons or there not bing a store to ship to.

As a loyal customer who places advanced orders, we should not be punished and receive shipments up to a week after the stores get it.

In fact, if we look at other business models like advanced orders on Video Games, the customer often receives their product a day in advance of the public release.


Second Email:
Hello, I read your blog everyday. I wanted to relate to you a potential problem, I preordered a gamers edition of 40k from the website. Problem is I've yet to receive my order, so today being July 2nd I contacted Games workshop. After being put on hold for 30 minutes with a hangup on their end I finally got a rep. He proceeded to inform me that my order hadn't shipped, I was like what? Excuse me?

He informed me that a large amount of gamers edition were boxed and processed without all the content, namely the dice and markers. They had to unbox alot of orders and make sure they were there. Needless to say mine is being sent out later today, and with the holiday here in the US on the 4th I can expect my order early NEXT WEEK??? Needless to say I am quite upset and feel that GWS dropped the ball and really ruined alot of peoples excitement over the new edition. So maybe put something out for those who haven't received theirs either.


Lets not devolve into a GW hate session in the comments, but please share any problems or related problems you have had recieving the current edition rulebook on time.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...