This coming week we already know is going to be a good one. There is a lot on the horizon this coming month, and new flyers are just one of them. Our game is expanding at a rapid pace and I love it.

Presence of Faeit is my weekly editorial. I generally report during the week what is going on, and today is my day to comment on what exactly it is that I am thinking of.



Trying New things.
I have not even yet began to start clamping down on what I am playing. In fact most of the lists I have been playing are still, "I want to try this and this" and a little bit of "this and that". There are two reasons I am still trying everything under the sun,
1. I have probably had more games in 6th than most of my opponents, so there is a lot of rules learning going on
2. There is just a ton of new things to try and find out exactly how they work on the tabletop. On paper and on the table are not the same things.

The last game it was all about Bastions, and because of that, I have some very solid ideas on methods to use them with different armies, especially IG, Orks, Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, and Eldar.

Other things I have been trying, just to have used them, are blob squads, dedicated assault units, an entire psyker based army, one that is completely anti-psyker, all mech, all infantry, and a lot of other combinations. I think I have gone through a lot of what I own and proxied even more. After all proxying models while learning 6th edition is in my opinion a very good idea.

Forgeworld Going Mainstream
Once this happens and is accepted in tournaments, there is just one thing I have to say..... Welcome to the Autocannon Chimera. I have always wanted this to be a main element in my chimera based armies, and now with the chance, and being able to order through my local gaming store (assuming all this happens), I will be on it. Not to mention that I love the idea of Rapiers being on my aegis defense lines.

Releases
There should be some releases coming this week. While I was not planning on going back to check, I had thought that Munitorum Battlefield Objectives, vehicle markers and dice would be hitting the stores this coming weekend. These are something I want, so I have been patiently waiting for the end of the month to come.

Chaos Space Marines
They are not too far out now. I definitely will be picking up a codex when it comes out. There is just something exciting about sitting down and thinking about a codex on the eve of its release. Its the time when I dig back to the rumor compilations and start thinking about the possibilities. I am excited to see what the new flyer will bring, about Defilers and their new upgrades, the new dreadnoughts, and chaos cultists.

Faeit 212 Event
I have thought about this in the past, and the idea keeps resurfacing. A Feait 212 tournament event is now looking like something that could just happen. The sad thing is it means that I will not be playing. However a Faeit 212 sponsored event has a few supporters already even though the idea has not even been thrown out there for people to digest. Already Comic Collectables with Christopher Slovick have offered prizes and support for the undertaking.

However, it would take much more than that, to get a proper event going. So I figured I would throw out the idea to the readers here, and see what happens.

Faeit 212 Artist's Showcase
There are no entries for this weeks showcase. If you are a commission painter, or just one of the many great modellers in our hobby, by all means get together a few pictures 3-9, a short introduction, and include links to your sites, feeds and facebook pages. This is a great way to share with the community what you are doing, and its a great way to inspire others, or draw buisness to your commission work. Here is a link to a few previous editions of commission artists......
http://www.natfka.blogspot.com/2012/06/faeit-212-artists-showcase-valknut.html
http://www.natfka.blogspot.com/2012/06/faeit-212-artists-showcase-ichiban.html


34 Comments:

  1. You're previous post seems to be wrong as CSMs wont be out until October at the earliest now:

    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?340923-2012-releases&p=6337429&viewfull=1#post6337429

    http://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/comments/wypdw/new_codexarmy_book_deamon_updates/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The question I have is what is the posters track record? Tastytaste is saying otherwise, and he is generally spot on with his info.

      Delete
    2. The information posted by Rixitotal, the reddit source, is pretty certain as he did a QA on the 6th rulebook over a week before it was out.

      So it's fair to assume he somehow gets GW releases early.

      Delete
    3. Has he posted before that though? I know of a few people who got their 6th edition rule book early due to shipping errors in their favor, so he might be among them. I just tend to have more faith in TT since he has a long established track record. Regardless though, we will most likely have our answer by Friday evening, so I guess we'll just have to wait until somebody leaks photos or until then :(

      Delete
    4. No he hadn't posted before that.

      I think it's unlikely he's made up the fact there's a leaflet with all the specific changes and new models. Or that he missed the huge spread that would be there if the CSM was in it.

      Looking at the rumours posted here over the last week the WD was delayed and changed and other said the codex would be Sept 1st. Looks like that is the case after all.

      This was a last minute thing so TT may have out dated information.

      Delete
    5. Why do i have doubtful feelings? Oh because that contradicts a ton of what we heard last week. Why update Daemons now?

      Delete
    6. ".....soul grinders are coming to fantasy!" Srsly ??!?!!? Hahahahhahahahaha this info is so Fake!

      Delete
    7. Daemons before csm is total crap. The accurate rumors that get spread are done so intentionally by gw. By doing so it ups customer anticipation and in so doing increases their sales when the new product is released. Suddenly switching to daemons would be like apple unveiling a new iphone without any advertising until a week before. It would make no sense.

      Delete
  2. Spikey Bits posted for their Tourney that they will be allowing FW models! Hopefully it ends up on a positive note, and others follow in their foot steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If FW is allowed in TO there WILL be restrictions im sure so I cant use my two Reaver Titans :(. The csm codex is gonna be a hit im sure. Hopefully they really make them competitive to the sm armies even moar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can deal with the codex being late, despite its current blandness it has served me well. What I cannot deal with is the current faq which makes no mention of the effect of wings on a daemon prince! Every faq other than English, like German for example, have an additional entry stating that the DP w wings is a flying monstrous creature. Add to that WD also had it as such in their 6th ed preview. Now before any of the numbnuts try to argue a translation error let me point something out. If you were to translate from English to German, "a car with airbags is a safety regulated vehicle." You would not add an extra statement, " a tank is a heavily armored vehicle."!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the FW thing was already debunked as false?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Them making codices is false. But no official word on TO legality.

      Delete
  6. So a lot of the main responders on this site, including our beloved blogger Naftka (I'm not being sarcastic, I really do love this blog), like the idea of FW models included in tournaments. I personally cannot afford most of anything they release... maybe the Tyranid swarms, but even then I could only purchase 1 or 2 sets, but I digress. What can someone like me expect to see at a Tournament that allows FW models? Are they "cheese" or are they comparable to GW released models but with a different look and feel (i.e. Pre-Heresy Dreadnoughts, Transports, and Tanks)? I have to ask because I have no idea what the stats on many of the FW models are. I cannot imagine that Titans would be allowed, but then again, isn't that a FW model? I hope the excitement is based around the different designs of the models, and not what the non-Codex based stats bring to the game. If it's the latter, I have to agree with the folks that don't want FW models at tournaments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on the fw affordabillity issue. From what I've gathered from other players is that fw has a few nasty gems in a sea of turds stats wise. I don't think they should be allowed in tournaments for the simple fact that, if it isn't in the rulebook or codex, it should not be on the table. Perhaps someone should start a company that gives 40k rules to Transformers and let me allie Decepticons with csm......actually that might be fun! :)

      Delete
    2. FW models are as a whole the same price as new GW models. What they lack are piles of cheap items to snipe on ebay and limited availability. The big boys from a cost standpoint are the apocalypse models (i.e. things you will never see at a normal tournament). Furthermore cool conversions can give you access to many of the variants in any regard.

      Delete
  7. So i have a Hunch about something i was looking at the new FAQ for the decimator and noticed it had an extra armour value on each side perhaps just perhaps this is hinting onto new daemonic possesion like it was from old chaos codex

    ReplyDelete
  8. +1.

    I have seen people play friendly games with some FW rules an they where very cheesy. The reson they where banned in 5th wasn´t becouse they wherent mainstream but becouse they where to cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Like what units?

      Delete
    2. If you use the current spate of rules that have been stamped '40k approved' none of them are over the top. What they do for 'lesser' armies is move them up in the fold. Tetras and Wraithseers/ Warp Hunters for instance help Tau and Eldar respectively in solid ways.

      There isnt a single Forge World option as powerful as Long Fang spam, Coteaz henchmen spam or venom spam.

      Delete
  9. Fw stuff does really have 3 catagories. Apocalypse stuff is the Titans and gargantuan creatures which wouldn't ever be allowed at a regular tourny. Then there are sculpts and resculpts of codex items some of which have no models from gw direct. The 3rd category is really the crux of the argument which is non apocolypse units that don't exist in any codex. These include things like eldar fliers, skyfire dreadnaughts, etc. For the point cost of a ravager with shields eldar can bring an sv 12/12/10 tank with a str6 hvy6 skyfire interceptor gun. None of these models are game breaking but Fw models allow really any army to completely shut down fliers which would be a big deal right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. on the other hand without FW some armies have nothing that CAN deal with fliers

      Delete
    2. All armies have access to quad guns, Icarus lascannons, and allies with flyers. I play csm and went ahead and got a necron detachment so I could field a doom scythe. Soon every army will have its own flyer so its not gonna be an issue for long.

      Delete
    3. Allies are the answer to any concern (as always aside from Tyranids). If someone has a nice toy... ally with it and dont look back.

      Delete
    4. The FW Eldar model your referring too is 60 points more expensive (no upgrades either) than a ravager with night shields, plus the Dark Eldar player can battle brother ally with it if they so choose. I don't think the Fire Storm is unreasonable, especially since it cant roflstomp a land raider like the aforementioned ravager can.

      Delete
    5. While I will play against FW my main problem with them is that as a DE player they have literally nothing I would consider worth fielding for my army, the only one with a stat line worth considering being the Tantalus and paying 215+ points for a single model when I can get more use out of 2 Ravagers for roughly the same price is pathetic. Forge World is even worse than GW about Imperium/Marine love, and they really need to get over that before they should be considered for legitamate play.

      Delete
  10. Only ig can reliably deal with multiple flier threats without fliers of thier own. I think it would be nice to inclide Fw if only so that choices weren't limited to ally guard or u MUST bring fliers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Early on flier spam is going to be painful. The Royal Necron Airforce (3 doom+ 4-6 night scythes) is functionally unbeatable unless your aware your going to play against it and list tailor heavily.

      Delete
    2. What r running with that though? 4-6 5man warrior squads? What prevents the opponent from hunkering down in cover on objectives and just waiting out the firestorm? 3-4 rounds of shooting from 6 nightscythes is only like 30-40 wounds before saves. That kills 1 maybe 2 10 man meq squads

      Delete
    3. I have won 2 games with scythe spam. Stick about 2 units of 5 warriors on the board with lords with weave. And a cryptek with solar pulse. Pop it turn one if need be. Then 2 some stuff should flying. Night scthes deploy troops on objectives doomscythes kill hs. Pretty fun when you pull it off...

      Delete
    4. The main way to deal with that list is to quick kill his ground forces. Not every army can manage it, but I had a friend pull that on my DE and I field wiped what he started on board and then showed him the rule that says if a game round ends and one player has no forces on the board they lose.

      Delete
  11. I would love to see a faeit 212 tourny in the future, just my 2 cents

    ReplyDelete
  12. Faeit, I'd be interested in assisting with the tournament, I've also got another Idea i'd love to run by you at some point

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...