Blood of Kittens was answering questions yesterday/last night on the Chaos Space Marine codex. He answered what he could, and now I thought I would answer the questions that were not answered. Lets get to it.


Please remember that these are rumors. No slight intended for getting these answered towards TastyTaste. He has tons of information that I do not have access to.

From Faeit 212 "source to remain anonymous"

1) do Chaos bikes get a reasonable price reduction, similar to C:SM ones?
Chaos bikers are 
25 points each before upgrades now
2) do Havoc weapons options get cheaper?
Havoc costs have been re-adjusted to Blood Angel costs for heavy weapons.
3) do Terminators come standard with Power Axes in their new cost?
it says "power weapon" in the entry.  Which means you can use whichever you model it as.
4) are there any FOC shenanigans like moving Terminators, Bikes or Raptors to troops?
There are no ways to adjust the Force Organization chart beyond Cult units that share the mark of your Warlord are troops.
Do the Thousand Sons get any new options (say, like Heavy Bolters?)?
Thousand sons do not get any special weapon options.
Even with all those upgrades and tables, the codex somehow sounds ”down to earth” like the current DA codex. Does it feel the same? Like a careful approach to a new edition of rules?
It's got a lot of random aspects to it, but for the most part the benefits are different not necessarily better (except the potential to be a spawn or a prince in one particular case).
It also really has this feeling of "you get what you pay for," a lot of options are not mutually exclusive, letting you really lavish upgrade after upgrade on the same model(s).  This is even the case for Aspiring Champions who have a ton of options that will make Space Marine sergeants feel under-appreciated by their chapter.
- How do Icons and Marks work? Are Icons still bound to one model and lost whet it dies?
Marks are not bound to any one model, they are for the unit, icons are lost if the model carrying it dies.
- Can Vehicles and special units (Obliteratiors, Dragon, etc.) be marked?
Some vehicles can be marked, others cannot.  Some marks have limitations like requiring a dozer blade before being upgraded to a particular god.
Obliterators and Maulers and the flyer cannot take a mark.
- Which weapons of Plaguemarines are poisoned? CC weapons, Shooty weapons or both?
Only close combat attacks are poisoned, but they are immune to the effects of poison now (probably why poisoned weapons all have actual strength now, and not just STR X).
- Do marked Sorcerers or marked Daemonprinces also make cult units a troop choice?
Only sorcerers



24 Comments:

  1. Dozer blades represent Khorne?

    o.0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd guess Nurgle actually, but yeah, maybe Khorne. Dirge Casters would be Slaanesh of course...

      Delete
    2. most probably iron warriors

      i know there is no legions, but i read something posted earlier that there is a way to tailor to a legion-like army list

      Delete
    3. No, the most evil Chaos God of all - Bob the Builder.

      Delete
    4. I bet its something like the Crusher upgrade khorne could take in the 3.5 dex, basically a chaos deathroller

      Delete
  2. Immune to poison? Poor dark eldar lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just thought about that. Guess Typhus and his lads are gonna wreck them good....

      Delete
    2. Unless the immunity only applies in close combat. After all, their poisoned attacks are only in close combat.

      Delete
    3. Ye id guess it only CC as DE poisoned weapons have no S so they have a unit which a whole armie's most common weapon cant hurt, I don't think so.

      Delete
    4. Aw. Would have been funny to watch Plauge marines sweep across the board on DE :)

      Delete
    5. Not anymore they don't, they have a Strength of 1 according to the new book. Which means that if they are immune to Poison, a good 80% of DE shooting does nothing unless they made Plague Marines T4, and even then you only Wound on a 6. Hope you brought lots of Disintegrators.

      Delete
    6. in fairness you proably shouldn't expect poison to be very effective against forces of nurgle, still if DEs are literally useless vs a potential TROOP choice for CSMs, DE are definatly gonna need some tweeks

      Delete
    7. That is the third person I have heard that from now. X) I agree fluffwise, it just isn't very fun to watch your army be invalidated. Granted this isn't the first time GW has done that and had it make sense in the story (GK vs. Daemons), it just isn't a lot of fun to play with/against.

      Delete
  3. Pretty happy about these rumors. I think the options for Aspiring Champions and the like will give people a 'play the way you want' sort of feel. If you want your squads lead by champions that have never been defeated, and that will be terrors in Challenges, you can do that and rack up your Eye of the Gods rolls. If you don't care for Eye of the Gods and want to spend points elsewhere to make your army more diverse, you can make your champions and lords cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Just got home and saw this new rumor. Now I have to go back to work, make some more sales, so I can afford all this new cool shit coming out! Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a rumor so take with salt- A friend of mine with GW contacts told me today that the csm dex will be September with the starter set. I mention this because many of the 6th ed rules I heard from the same source were dead on accurate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ask him about Tau or flyer release! Please!

      Delete
  6. Totally off topic, today a GK player complained profusely that my csm were broken! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we'll all be hearing that complaint come September.

      Delete
    2. Ya. Me too. I hope I get to employ the nice comments all the GK players burned me with for the last year. You know, like, "No, it's not unfair! You just have to learn how to play against me" and, "No, it SHOULD be designed like that. I have lots of weaknesses. Really." And, "I'm a wonderful tactition. I would have beat you no matter where I walked to. It's not because I have the best weapons" or "my army built on a different points standard? Optimised for a new edition? Codex crawl? No. I'm just good" and then, "my guys have double the shooty and double the melee and a million tricks for the same cost as your normal guys...so? I don't see your point" or "why did you stop playing against me?"

      Every other army can complain and I'll give them extra points to play with. We'll have fun with silly lists. Legion themes. All that. GK get to just watch me laugh unapologetically.

      Delete
    3. In my game today against the gk crybaby, what raised his ire was me using my daemon prince with lash(which he failed to deny) to line up his nasty squad of terminators w librarian. I then fired upon them with my allied necron doom scythe, hiting all of them w str 10 AP 1 line of death! The couple that managed to invul, I finished off w my tesla destructors that rolled 10 hits! It was epic!

      Delete
  7. Here is another little tidbit from the warp. Lucius gets stat boosts when he is doing challenges. Like +1 WS and +1 Attack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, for one would like to thank those who have put their necks out to bring us this information should it be proven true. If not, oh well.

    If anyone with access to the information could give some indications as to the difference between captors and possessed jump units, I would be gteatful

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...