I am back working through my thoughts on my Dark Eldar, and I believe I am going to be playing nothing but them for a while now. I have found a few crazy things I would like to try, however, this is about pics and not tactics.

Pics of the Week happen every Tuesday where I share from my Warhammer pic library. I collect these all the time from all over, and sharing them is just fun.


Dark Eldar via Warhammer 40k Wikia
The Dark Eldar or Eldarith Ynneas in the Eldar Lexicon are the forsaken and corrupt kindred of the Eldar, an ancient and highly advanced alien race of fey humanoids. Their armies, like their Eldar counterparts, usually have the advantages of mobility and advanced technology, though they are often lacking in resilience and numbers. The Dark Eldar revel in piracy, enslavement and torture, and are sadistic in the extreme. Dark Eldar armies make use of various anti-gravity skimmers such as Raiders and Ravagers to launch high speed attacks. 


They strike with little or no warning, using an interdimensional labyrinth known as the Webway to traverse the galaxy safely and far more quickly than most advanced races are able to with their Warp jumps. The Dark Eldar are unique amongst the intelligent races of the Milky Way Galaxy because they do not live on a settled world or worlds, but rather the bulk of their population is concentrated in one foul city-state -- the Dark City of Commorragh -- that lies within the "ordered" Immaterium of the Eldar Webway. The Dark Eldar are mainly pirates and slavers who prey on targets across the galaxy to feed their unholy appetites for other sentient beings' souls, a terrible desire called the Thirst, though they are sometimes used as mercenaries by other species.

A word about the artwork. Most of the great stuff that you can get nowadays on Dark Eldar come from one particular Artist. Beckjann. We have had exclusive features with his artwork here in the past, and the times I have talked to him, he is a good guy with a love for the Dark Kin. Here is a link to some of his work.............
http://beckjann.deviantart.com/























 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...