A Call to Arms is a Games Workshop digital release that many people, including myself have not paid much attention to, if even known about. As the final installment of Call to Arms is released, there were ads on the last page for other digital books that have not yet been released. One is a Dark Angelo Alter of War.


For those not familiar with A Call To Arms, here is a brief rundown of what the product is, and the email I received about Alter of War follows.

A Call To Arms

A Call To Arms follows four hobbyists as they collect new armies for Warhammer 40,000, detailing how they chose to collect, model and paint their forces. Featuring Chaos Space Marines, Dark Angels, Necrons and Blood Angels, this volume offers insights from experienced gamers on collecting competitive armies, building themed armies, and plenty of ideas to inspire your own collections. A Call To Arms: Complete will be automatically updated with new content each month, and collect all five instalments for the price of four individual books.


Altar of War
via Matt (from the Feait 212 inbox)
I got to see a picture from GW of an upcoming Alter Of War Battle Missions book specifically for Dark Angels. I bought the Ultimate edition of A Call To Arms and received the final installment today. On the last page, GW had ads for other digital books and was of them was the DA Alter Of War. When I clicked on it, I got a message saying that it wasn't available for purchase yet since it wasn't in the Apple bookstore yet. Anyways, thought I would pass that along. Thanks for all the good news and rumors!



10 Comments:

  1. Cool. The other Alter of War book had some fun missions.

    Btw, the Path of the Incubus excerpt BL posted contains titles for several other Andy Chambers DE titles yet to be released, including Masque of Vyle. If memory serves correct it was two shorts and the MOV novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought altar of war- it converted some extra missions from 5th into 6th but was pretty crap from my point of view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meh- I rather enjoyed the Altar of War- Space Marines. It is a good buy and has missions that are pretty enjoyable. I'm glad they are releasing an Altar of War for the Dark Angels and Chaos Space Marines. I love being able to buy GW stuff onto my IPad- I've got quite the collection going. I use the painting guides extensively.

      Delete
  3. Just had a look at this myself and there is also an advert for a Chaos Space Marine Altar of War but when you click on it you get taken to the regular Space Marine one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "For those not familiar with A Call To Arms, here is a brief rundown of what the product is"

    hows about:
    £15.99 for a standalone product that should have been actual content in a couple of issues of white dwarf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, essentially they wanted to charge 20 bucks for a painting blog.

      Delete
    2. "A Call To Arms" can be summarized in this:
      How idiot are you to buy this overpriced parody of Neues Volk?

      Delete
  5. I'd buy it if it actually came out working on one of the many different devices I own. Unfortunately being Apple exclusive I'll just have to wait till someone rips it to PDF.

    I can't even give them my money if I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Call to Arms articles. I bought the Ultimate version when it was released months ago. I hope more like it come out in the future- digital products are most def the future and this one executed it well enough for me to invest in it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The two new Alter of War books are now available. I bought them this morning.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...