This week was pretty light in the rumor mill. For the most part it was like it went into hibernation, sleeping until the latest new release hit the stores so that it could wake anew. Storm of Magic hit the stores yesterday. This is not my favorite time to view it, so at some point next week I will try and get a chance to take a physical look at the new expansion.

Presence of Faeit is a weekly editorial by myself. I generally report during the week what is going on, and today is my day to comment on what exactly it is that I am thinking of.



Sisters of Battle
I fully expect to start hearing some leaks of information this week on next months White Dwarf. We are supposed to be getting an update that will hold us over until we can get a full codex release next year and it is just about the standard time that someone starts releasing bits of what they have seen to us.

While this update will be nice to breathe a little life into the army, its the full codex that has me really excited. The idea of new units, possibly seeing repressors on the table top, with a full set of rules and new model releases is what I am waiting for. Apparently I will have to wait a little longer.

Man O War
Lets be straight about this, I wanted Battlefleet Gothic. It was suggested in the comments this week, that perhaps they are alternating new expansions from 40k to fantasy, so next year BFG could be the next big thing. As long as Lord of the Rings do not get their turn that is.

Man O War really could use some life though. A good friend of mine literally has tons of ships already, and just loves the idea of naval battles. It would make a rare game though to pull off naval combat in his eyes, so when it comes to this release, he is the guy I will be calling. Yes Vors, I am talking about you, so if you read this, be prepared. I will be calling you for your naval experience, and your love naval combat.

Even though only two armies were mentioned, I could hardly imagine that other army factions will not be released. I would expect to see them all, or the release to have the stats for them all. I suppose it would be possible for Forgeworld to pick up though were ever GW leaves off.

The Word of Faeit
After this weeks first post, I will be taking tactics deeper and into more specifics. I think that is more of what people are looking for, and it also helps define my own play and make it clearer to myself. So expect more of this series to continue.

I am also still working on making my Dark Eldar tactics easier to access. I promised I was working on this last week, and I still am. Its going to take some site work, so that is what is taking me so long. When it comes to changing things around, I move a little slowly in figuring out exactly how I want things to appear.

Ard Boyz.
I placed my order for a couple models a few days back. It will be the last few things I want to get before Ard Boyz next month. So over all I am ready. I wrapped up those last few points, and fell in at an amazing right on the money 2500pts. So with my models ready to go, the list ready to go, only one issue left......

They changed the date on me. This had me going off the handle this week, slightly furious is how I will put it. Ard Boyz will now be held on August 13th instead of the previous date which had it one week before. In most cases, one week is OK, however for this one, I had to arrange parents to look after the kids, schedule around work, so a last minute change pissed me off. At the moment I have not been able to even confirm that Ard Boyz is going to be possible for me now, but I am sure that I will get on this and make it happen.

Finecast
Thus far, I have had extremely good luck with finecast models. I am loving the weight, and durability of the new models, and have not seen any of the glaring flaws in my own purchases, nor in those that I have seen on the tabletop. I will admit though that there were a few minor things with the last Grotesque I bought. Just very very minor rough spots that I had to work with. However, they were similar to the issues I had with some metal models as well.

The new models seem to take a little bit of work to clean them up, but it is easy with no loss of blood. I have not attempted anything major with the new material yet, but I am sure I will soon as I am itching to make some serious cuts.

So I like the new models, the detail is great. I like the new resin, and the weight of the models. I am looking forward to not hearing all the complaining about them, as GW refines their casting methods and we recieve the product that we expect.

I would imagine soon, I will have some finecast models complete to post up.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...