This is a model I have had sitting around now for far too long. In fact I've had two of them primered and ready to be painted for well over a year now. A wild hair and some paint time, and one is now complete. So here it is, the first of my someday to be three Colossus Siege Mortar.

As with all my Heavy Support Artillery and Hydras, the gun and platform slide out so that they are all interchangeable. So yes, I have 9 Basilisk hulls that I can interchange out the conversions. So Hydras, Colossus, Basilisks, Medusas, and Deathstrike, (the types I currently have built) are all ready to change out for whatever I feel like throwing down.

Here are some pics of the Colossus.




Next up, to finish my Grotesques for Dark Eldar.

6 Comments:

  1. kinda liiks like you glued a lego piece on in the 3rd pic, good job though, just wish gw whould make an interchangeble kit like the hellhound and leman russ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. which piece looks like legos? The entirety of the cannon (- a few additional bits) and platform is plasticard, while the two guys are from my old 3rd edition basilisks, and the arm is from a Valkrie Heavy Bolter piece.

    I also forgot to mention that Green Rivets, link along the side, did a lot of the plasticard work on this Colossus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3rd pic down, just to the left off the centre on the gun mount

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I never would of found it. Those are brass bits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks cool... Are there pics of your DE army posted?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, check under the topics along the left side of the blog. Under "my armies".

    also here is a link to something of mine.
    http://natfka.blogspot.com/2011/06/new-acquisitions-and-update.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...