This was one of those very slow weeks, were all that we really saw was the release of information about Ogre Kingdoms coming. There was some exciting things coming out of Forgeworld at Chicago Games Day, but overall the week was pretty slow. Now that means nothing when it comes to my modeling or gaming, it was frantic.

Presence of Faeit is a weekly editorial by myself. I generally report during the week what is going on, and today is my day to comment on what exactly it is that I am thinking of.


Ogre Kingdoms and more Fantasy;
It seems everything is Fantasy related this summer. There are tons of Storm of Magic and other Fantasy releases being thrown at us from every direction. That is all good and all, however, Fantasy is so rarely played around here, that all these new releases puts a damper on my gaming. I would like to see more Fantasy played around here, but it just isn't happening.

Ogre Kingdoms is looking good though. Still not an army I am wanting to play, but we are getting closer. There were other releases "Vampire Lord on a Zombie Dragon" that kind of got me all excited. This model is wonderful, but still falls short of the "I'm heading out to buy it"

Ard Boyz
Well, I am down to three lists. Literally I call them A, B, and C.
A: Dark Eldar; I still have modeling to do for this one, but as the opening of the post stated, I am frantically trying to get models done.

B: Imperial Guard; Nothing new here, except an entirely new list from my previous years.... Yea. I literally had to complete another 50+ models for this list, and its still undecided whether I even like it.

C: Grey Knights: What? Yep, I completed my 2500pts of Grey Knight Badness. Ready and WYSIWYG. Got some paint to throw down, but this is a list that I have been waiting to play. Somehow I ended up with around 4000pts of Grey Knights when all is said and done. So a list of course is ready to hit the tabletop.

To be honest, I do not know what I will be playing this year. Yes, I know its only a couple weeks out, but hey, I will be ready with whatever list I decide. I am leaning towards my Dark Eldar, as I expect to see tons of Grey Knights out there, and I really do not want to play Grey Knights vs Grey Knights. I want to field my Grotesques.......Muwahahaha.

Grey Knights Done
Yea, I did some trading, had other models, and already had inquisitorial models. It was nice to see that I already had models for so much. A spare Land Raider, some Dreadnaughts, Inquisitors, Custom Inquisitorial Servitors, Crusaders, and Guardsmen for my Warrior Acolytes. Of course I have chimeras, and other tanks as well.

All together along with the new stuff I got, I ended up with around 4000pts or more of Grey Knights. I suppose I will be adding things to this army, but in the mean time, I have plenty more to build and hit the tables with.

Grey Knights have some wonderful new tactical options, that really fit into the playstyle I love to bring to the tabletop.

That's it for today, I will see you all tomorrow.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...