From Games Workshop this week we have House Cawdor for Necromunda and both Stormcast Eternals and Nighthaunts for the Age of Sigmar..... For gamers of either game its a good week to check out the latest pre-orders from Games Workshop.
- 10 bodies – 2 each of 5 unique designs –covered in the recovered detritus they deem worthy of the Emperor, with candles, ritual bindings and nooses (!) featuring heavily. These have been designed with specific weapon options in mind, though of course you are free to model them as you see fit;
- 12 heads – 2 each of 6 unique designs – with a similar selection of recycled equipment;
- Weapons! There are quite a lot of these: 2 incendiary charges, 2 flails, 4 skin knives, 2 serrated blades, 4 autopistols, 4 stubbers, 4 autoguns, 2 cult icons, 2 polearms (with attached autogun), 2 heavy crossbows, 2 hand flamers and 2 more polearms (these each feature a blunderbuss lashed to the end).
Supplied with 10 25mm Round bases, which feature sculpted textures that match the game board’s aesthetic.
Necromunda: Gang War 4 £17.50
Contained in the 96-page softback:
- Gangs of House Cawdor: This section contains the story of House Cawdor, who have taken the message of the Cult of Redemption to heart more fervently than any other clan – unearthing ‘blessed’ relics from the garbage, bodging together tools and building weapons with which to give themselves utterly to the Emperor. This includes a detailed breakdown of their place in the hierarchy of Necromunda, and the methods by which they exact violence upon their rivals. It also contains full rules for founding a House Cawdor gang, with gang composition and an exhaustive equipment list;
- Bionics: a selection of 7 bionic upgrades for fighters of every gang, used to repair damage sustained as a result of violence and hardship – if you have the funds, injuries can be fixed or even avoided altogether with a brief visit to a techno-chirurgeon;
- Skirmish Games: not everyone has the time to commit to a full campaign – to that end, Gang War 4 includes rules for creating gangs to use in standalone skirmishes, complete with extra skills, characteristic increases, access to weird and wonderful Rare Trade equipment and even Hangers-on and Hired Guns. There’s also guidance on using these rules in a tournament setting;
- Exotic Beasts: add Sheen birds to your House Cawdor gang with this section, expanding upon the Exotic Beasts rules found in Gang War 3;
- House Brutes: this adds new Brutes unique to each of the Great Houses of Necromunda. Includes: Escher Khimerix, Goliath ‘Zerker, Orlock Lugger Cargo Servitor, Van Saar Arachni-rig Servo Suit, and Cawdor Stig-Shambler;
- The Dominion Campaign: a brand new territory-based campaign system, Dominion Campaigns are an exhaustive campaign format which can be used instead of Turf War. Gang War 4 includes everything you need to set up and run a Dominion Campaign, including advice on campaign length, generating territories, founding gangs (with a blank roster for your own use), recruiting new fighters, gaining experience, the role of an arbitrator, advancements, gaining skills, lasting injuries, captured fighters. It also includes detailed pre-and-post-battle sequences determining how to set up your games, visiting the Trading Post, gain and control territories, and determine the criteria for your overall victor;
- New Scenarios: 6 scenarios that can be used in a Skirmish game, Campaign game or Arbitrated game: The Hit, Settlement Attack, Escape!, Murder Cyborg, Escort Mission, and Fighter Down;
- Psychic Powers: rules for using Psykers and their Wyrd Powers in games of Necromunda, with rules for Sanctioned and Non-sanctioned Psykers along with Perils of the Warp;
- Skills: a fully up to date list of all the skills available to fighters;
- Rules and background for the following Hired Guns: Slate Merdana, Orlock Road Boss and Macula his Cyber-mastiff;
Baetrum Arturos III, Guilder Bounty Hunter; and Ortruum 8-8, Psykanarium Bounty Hunter.
- A handy quick reference guide to Necromunda: Underhive, listing essential rules, round and phase sequences, along with all the core actions a fighter can perform;
- A pad of 50 blank gang rosters;
- 12 Scenario cards detailing the core scenarios from the Necromunda: Underhive boxed game, covering Zone Mortalis and Sector Mechanicus terrain;
- A sheet of double-sided tokens to indicate in-game effects and the status of fighters throughout a game. Includes:
- 13 loot markers;
- 8 general markers ;
- 6 web/intoxicated markers;
- 6 photon flash/concussion markers;
- 6 insanity markers;
- 6 gas/smoke markers;
- 8 revealed/hidden markers;
- 8 wound counters ;
- 8 ready/broken markers;
- A Graviton Pulse marker;
- A 40mm vision arc template.
Cawdor Gang Cards £9
set of 26 extra cards. Included:
- 12 Cawdor Tactics cards, which are for the exclusive use of the Cawdor gang;
- 8 Gang Tactics cards, which can be used by any gang in Necromunda: Underhive;
- 6 blank Fighter cards – perfect for the Champions and Leaders in your gang deck, these have been stamped with the House Cawdor crest.
The set includes all the dice you need to play Necromunda:
- 3 D6, featuring the Cawdor House’s crest on the 6;
- 2 Necromunda Ammo Dice, with ammo check marker;
- 2 Necromunda Injury Dice, with results ranging from light injury, flesh wound and death;
- 1 Necromunda Scatter Die.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble 10 Bladegheist Revenants. Eternally tormented spirits, they are clad in tattered cloaks which fade away into ethereal elements, appropriate to the panicked, frantic fighting style they exemplify. Each is posed swooping and jinking unpredictably; the chains that bind them to Shyish are swinging wildly about their forms. Within the cloaks, metallic face masks peer out – there are 10 of these included, each a different design, which can be modelled on any cloak assembly you desire. There are 10 tomb greatblades included, each of which is slightly different.
This kit comes as 43 components, and is supplied with 10 32mm Round bases.
Liekeron the Executioner £15
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble Liekeron the Executioner, a Nighthaunt Lord-Executioner. Looming large over a ruined headstone, Liekeron is depicted as a sinister, hunched spirit, half corporeal and half ethereal, whose skull-like face is picked out beneath a ragged cowl. He holds a well-used decapitating greataxe in his right hand, notched and worn by constant use; his left hand can be modelled clutching a grave-sand filled hourglass, or alternately pointing toward his next victim. Around him whirl 3 furious spirits, the shrieking ghosts of innocents wrongly murdered by the Executioner in life, bound to him forever.
This kit comes as 8 components, and is supplied with a Citadel 32mm Round base.
Stormcast Eternals Evocators on Celestial Dracolines £35
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble 3 Evocators on Celestial Dracolines. They are clad in Stormcast Eternals armour, with cloaks, tabards and ornate helms denoting their status as lightning-empowered shock troops of Sigmar. Dotted around their forms is the symbol of the Sacrosanct Chamber, the 3-marked anvil. Each wields a tempest blade and stormstave, with the option for 2 to carry a grandstave instead. The Dracolines they ride are large and fearsome, their forms incredibly dense and muscular; each of their 4 feline limbs ends in terrible claws, and their heads are squat and heavy. The Dracolines have little needs for armour, merely accessorised with a set of reins and saddle each.
1 of the models can optionally be assembled as a Lord-Arcanum, who has a specific head featuring no helmet faceplate (but still clad in a magnificent crest) and carries an aetherstave crackling with celestial magic. The other 2 miniatures are a male and female Evocator, who can be assembled with or without faceplates – these both feature options for assembly as Evocator-Primes, who feature a specific stormstave and lion-motif shoulder pad each.
This kit comes as 107 components, and is supplied with 3 Citadel 90mm Oval bases.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to build a Lord-Ordinator. He comes clad in impressively ornate sigmarite armour – slightly less than most Stormcast Eternals, as his arms are bare between the gauntlets and his lion-and-hammer-motif shoulder pads. He wears a large textured tabard over his chest plate, which extends to a cloak at the rear, held fast by a belt featuring engineering and siege equipment – guides, measuring devices and a ratchet/wrench mechanism hang from his hips. He is using an open box of tools as a footrest – this box features an anemometer. He wears no helmet – instead, we’re treated to a view of his glorious facial hair. Behind his head is an arcanabulum, and topping off the symbolism nicely is an anvil and pair of callipers on his belt. Weaponry-wise, he holds a huge astral grandhammer in his right hand, with his left hand holding the astrolabe which he is peering at with a stern, quizzical glare..
The Lord-Ordinator comes as 10 components, and is supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round base.
Dreadscythe Harridans £27.50
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble 10 Dreadscythe Harridans. Particularly horrible and tragic even for Nighthaunt, They are tortured and twisted forms, rising as ethereal spirits whose emaciated arms peek out from beneath their cowls. These arms are their weapons – from the wrist onward, each becomes a curved, serrated scythe blade, growing out at a right-angle for maximum reaping efficiency. Each features a morbid, grinning skull for a head, above which long hair billows behind them, with beautiful roses ironically entwined. 4 of these models feature an alternate right arm, allowing for some uniqueness when assembling, and you have the option to build 2 Slasher Crones – these are the unit leaders of the Dreadscythe Harridans, and can be distinguished easily as they feature 4 arms instead of 2. They each feature graveyard detritus – pieces of rock, wrought iron – by which they attach to their bases.
This kit comes as 40 components, and is supplied with 10 Citadel 32mm Round bases.