Some early news on this years Games Days. To be honest, my opinion is pretty much none on this, because these are events I do not get the luxury of attending. So I will be very interested in other peoples opinions on the subject.

Remember that until we get something official, even news like this, which is likely accurate, is considered to be a rumor. Please add a pinch of salt.

via The Decapitator

So I have some news on GW's Games Day 2012.
Some good, but some I feel will upset many of you (and no doubt start furious debate!)

So here goes;
The general release date for tickets this year is 26th May, WD Subscribers will be able to get theirs 7 weeks early.

6500 tickets available, plus 1000 parents tickets.

Tickets will cost £30, £6 for a parent ticket.

The above cost DOES NOT include a Games Day Minature (The Blood Angels 2nd Ed Captain model) which will be available to BUY at the event. I believe this is the first time that you won't get a model included in the ticket price, and that you have to buy separately. This won't be a popular decision. Don't know if you will be limited to 1 per person or not, and have no info on the price of the model as yet.

There will NOT be ANY White Dwarf Seminars at this years Games Day. The Designers, Sculptors, Eavy Metal painters etc will all be in the main studio area and will focus on demonstrating and talking about their roles here instead.

GW are hiring an extra hall creating 4-6 times the amount of space than in previous years. They will be utilising this extra space to accommodate a bigger Sales area to attempt to solve the issues of previous years with queues and time. There will be more payment desks, along with lots of Cash Only tills and more staff manning the section.

Apparently GW decide the ticket price and offer on a event by event basis. So with the increase in size of the event and other factors have taken the decision to keep the ticket price the same as last year but not offering the GD model as part of this.

So that's all I have for now, and I'm sure you guys will have plenty to say on this information. As I said though, some good news and some bad.

20 Comments:

  1. For some reason I am ok with this. For some reason this makes me instead think about my dislike of finecast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All sounds good to me so long as those attending are guaranteed a Games Day miniature if they want it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. last years sales area was not big enough for the event , it was packed solid with hobbyist , they even had to hand out bottles of water to us waiting to get to the tills, although the plus side to this was that with rushing us through the tills they didnt charge me enough for what i'd bought

    ReplyDelete
  4. My only concern here is that I desire the model.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Id I recall correctly, I had to purchase the Games Day figure separately from my ticket last year as well from the Chicago Games Day. My only concern is that they bring enough for me to get one, they get too much of my money anyway, what's another 15 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GW's #1 priority with Games Day should be finding a way to shorten the wait time in the Forge World line to less that 9000 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to it. Our whole club is going this year, going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too can't wait to pay to stand in line at merchants booths

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also I'm a rube with too much time and money

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's a parent ticket?
    Does it mean you can get in for almost free if you bring a kid with you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweaty neck-beards and mouth breathers, my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shame about the mini, if true. Wasn't sure whether to bother going this year until I heard it was going to be the Blood Angels captain; if that's not included in the £30 (how much extra will it cost on it's own? £10?) I'm definitely going to skip it. Costs me too much as it is once you've bought lunch, paid for the petrol for the drive up (around 100 miles for me).
    I've been to GD the last two years (that's my photo used in the main article, from 2010) and never understood why everyone was so excited to buy non-Forgeworld stuff, even to the extent they'd queue 2 1/2 hours for it, when it was so much easier (and no more expensive) to buy in your regular retail store or via mail order.
    Must be getting old ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Parent tickets are what mums and/or dads have to buy if they want to keep an eye on their full-price ticket-paying nippers who want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having been to both the UK Gamesday and the UK Bike show both held at the NEC within weeks of each other, the difference in event organisation is night and day. Obviously a very different crowd at the bike show but GW could learn a great deal on how to organise such an event and avoid such fiascos as seen at last years sales stands. The event staff asking customers to come back later and then closing the sales was laughable. The only saving grace was the jester telling us jokes in the queue.
    Never again will I bother with gamesday, a weekend up to Nottingham is much more civilised.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never been... But if it makes the queues shorter, I think my friend will like this, although I'm not sure how he will feel about paying extra for the mini.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What I'm more concerned with is the lack of seminar. One less reason to go if you ask me, but in line with current GW bullshit policy regarding upcoming releases...

    That's just plain stupid, considering people at FW are a lot more forthcoming with future releases

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi!!
    Agramar,from Spain.

    In WD 203 Sp, said that tickets of GD 2012 Spain includes a Juan Diaz's miniature(page 21)...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi
    Could anyone tell me the date for the UK Gamesday, I know it was in a WD earlier this year but i appear to have mislaid my copy and cannot find the date elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet Event Staffing Agencyfor the issue and found most individuals will go along with with your opinion. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...