The latest rumor floating around is that the Sisters of Battle will not be a standard codex release. Personally I find it hard to beleive, but it is possible. I am not going to get into any speculation of this rumor, and instead just get right down into it.

This rumor comes from Blood of Kittens. For some reason, there site has been taken down, and is not operational at the time of this posting, so I will update possibly later. Take with salt.

Via Blood of Kittens Tasty Taste
I want to confirm for everyone that the Sisters new ”book” will be coming out sometime this year (most likely before the Necron release). There is more– SoB will be White Dwarf only release stretched over two issues, with a online PDF by the end of the year. I had reported this possibility (in a cryptic matter before) on BoLS, so this is a confirmation of said rumor. Cruddace will be your GW author for this book. No word on new sculpts, but my bet is on only resin recast of existing models. As for the rules I have nothing to report as of yet, but look for at least two ecclesiastical characters from the fluff/past to appear in the new dex.

Rumors have it that the site may be down due to trying to leak pages from an upcoming codex. This is also a rumor, so don't beleive it til more information comes out.

via Warseer
a memo was given to people legal action was going to be directed towards certain sites

BoK was one of them

10 Comments:

  1. I just dont buy it, why, i want new sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't buy it either, so I held on posting this rumor. However the site being shut/or going down just a couple hours after releasing the rumors is just too dramtic and fun to pass on a post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting... not sure I believe the rumours though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GW passing up a chance to make money? hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. where do u get those all cool pictures from W40K universe :D ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. if this is true... KILL! KILL! KILL! heretical *bleepers*

    if it's fake PRAISE THE EMPEROR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kuba, I have a pretty huge group of Warhammer 40k art that I have had for a long time. About a month ago someone also sent me 500+ 40k pics in a file.

    I also look for more on occasion, and I definetly have lost many in the mess that are my 40k artwork files.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that picture, I've been looking for an excuse to use it on my own blog.

    Do you really think GW is taking legal action against these guys for spreading rumours? What could their motivation possibly be? I just don't understand their lack of transparency, it seems pointless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could see them releasing a temporary set of rules to hold people over until the actual release of the codex and new minis (first quarter 2012?).

    Its been a while since I played, but back in the third ed. they did that with Space wolves (released them as white dwarf article) until the codex was released some time later.

    As for the bit at the end about the same old minis re-molded in resin, that I highly doubt.

    So... how I would interpret (assuming some credibility) is a WD set of rules soon, then necron release, then full set of rules and new minis for SoB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just an update, Blood of Kittens is back online. I am not sure of anything else about the site being down. I am going assume that it has nothing to do with rumors, and was just an outage. However, there are tons of people online in forums etc that are still thinking there is more to it than that.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...