This codex is pretty simple, but what do you expect when it comes out of a White Dwarf. I dont think that everyone crying foul is the way to go. This is a codex to simply hold over until a full codex comes out. So lets take a look at the codex.



Battle Sisters
This is going to be the pretty standard 10 Battle Sisters with two meltaguns and rhino for 180pts. Add in a combi melta for 10 additional points and you have your unit. This will be pretty standard I would think in most armies. So there you have 720 or 760 of your basic army when you take at least 4 units.

(Added Info)
Battle Sisters start with 9 Battle Sisters + 1 Sister Superior for 125pts. They do come with flamer options, including a heavy flamer. You can also add up to 10 additional Battle sisters for 12pts each.

I would think that in there somewhere, you have to think about backfield objectives, so switching out one unit with a multi-melta might help out a lot. Most of the variability in this army will be in everything else, besides the troop choices.

Yes, I know you can take 20 Battle Sisters in a unit, and yes this might be a good idea in a single squad, but the standard will 4x 10 Battle Sisters in a Rhino.

The nice thing is that these unit have some flexibility on the battlefield. Breaking them off the board will be relatively hard, as they can have the chance to save themselves with their Acts of Faith.

There is no other troop choice.

At first Glance, the rest of the army is where the variability will come in. Personally I see rhinos as the troop transports, and Immolators carrying everything else with some Exorcist in the back. There is some flexibility in the Elite, Fast Attack, and HQ sections, but it really does come down to a rhino/immolator force with 3 excorcist in the backfield.

The army will consist of a ton of melta, but that is what we expect. The Shield of Faith being on your rhinos and immolators is kind of cool, but really it wont save you enough to get in close. Shield of Faith gives you a 6+ invul save. This is an army that will rush in and unleash its flamers and meltas like before. So like I said, it is pretty straight forward, without a lot of shineys.

That doesnt mean it wont be effective, I still see some very possible competitive builds, and I will get into them more as I get more time.

15 Comments:

  1. What is the minimum squad size for a standard Sisters of Battle Squad (troops)? Five would be nice to give you some flexibility in terms of transport.

    Can the Sisters Squads (Troop) take flamers and or heavy flamers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the new sob is intressting but not half as much as it could be with some good looking, good priced, plastik troops.

    shame they only used this codex or faq
    as a way to sell WDs and old metal models from the 90tys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why let yourself be restricted to the metal range that was formally known as the Witch Hunters. With some simple conversions I have started on turning the Sisters of Battle into the Sisters of Slaneesh. I am super excited about the new rules and will not let games workshop stop me from using them with their over priced metal models.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any note yet which (if any) faith abilities the special characters can use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elleusive: as far as I can ascertain, SC's have the act of faith rule so they can benefit from the ones the squad they join have.

    on topic, I'll be sticking to my three squads in rhino with my back field stormbolter squad. heavy will remain the same 2 exorcists and poss a retributor squad, fast attack will be changing, as will elites, I love the 2 attacks on the Celestians, finally they look like real veterans.

    E. Eli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Battle Sisters start with 9 Battle Sisters + 1 Sister Superior for 125pts. They do come with flamer options. You can also add up to 10 additional Battle sisters for 12pts each.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please help me by reading my appeal on my profile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started SOB as a long term project before the codex update because I like the models. I'm still psyched about the update. I see it as a precursor to the new codex. Look how Blood Angels turned out.
    I love them for the reaction they get. You put a Landraider on the table and your opponent says, "Uh-oh..." You throw an Exorcist or two down and he says, "WTF is that!!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just played a 2v2 tournament as Sisters of Battle with a Grey Knights player (our team name was Unexpected Inquisition) and came in second. I was using the old codex. I bought the second half of the new one, though I don't have the first. I'm confused about repressors as transports. The Forge World model is in the codex but with no stats. Are these in the first half? And where am I supposed to get the first half? I was told GW is sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tyler, where do you see Repressors in the second half? There is no Repressor in the second half as far as I can tell. Page 89 has all the transports listed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The repressor is shown in a forgeworld advert and it directs you on the page to where you can find the rules. it is merely there for show.

    E.Eli

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw it on the forge world ad, that makes more sense now. So FW has rules... but is it worth it to buy a repressor if a tournament might not let me use it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I looked up the "new" rules this morning, nothing new about it. I'd say it worth buying a couple even if you only use them in non tournament games, the ability to shoot 7 weapons from inside a transport alone is worth it, even if you just buy the upgrade kit and put it on top of your current rhino stock (providing you leave doors and hatches loose of course.)

    E.Eli

    ReplyDelete
  14. As far as the repressor goes, I fully expect to see this vehicle when a real codex is published. GW will make a mint with the repressor in its codex.

    ReplyDelete
  15. cant help but note near all of peoples comment questions squad size faith powers etc could be answered very simply bye just reading the codex

    the sad truth is this where as it is a temp codex till real ones issued, forceing us too use old models and a very simple WD codex, the truth is GW will also use this as a tester bed for the sisters viability of sales, in short if you wanna see the sisters get a new codex then support the range now

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...