As thought, many GW employee's lurk around the web, and some completely stay away. However it is very rare to see someone from GW actually respond online. Today we have Jes Goodwins response to the Games Day Conversation located here at the link. http://natfka.blogspot.com/2011/08/games-day-conversations-with-jes.html


If you are curious, this was taken from the Warseer forums, which apparently Jes has been a member of since 11/2/2006. However he has only made two posts, so this would be the second.

For the Doubters, well, there is no real proof that it is really Jes Goodwin, but I would give it a 90%.

Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson
Few more things:
He also does not like the Lucius pattern Epic titan models, as they are too blocky and generic Sci-fi.
He's also checked dates and is confident that GW was the first to seriously do the big war robots in the US, as they appeared before official imports of things like Gundam or Macross.
Jes did mention a slight Evangelion influence.
You see Jamie, this is where it starts. You recall our conversation about misquotes and chinese whispers?

via Jes
What I said was that I preferred the older style of Titan [the Mars/beetleback] to the more blocky forms as I felt they were a more original take on the giant robot theme. I would certainly not claim that 'GW was the first to do big war robots in the US', but I think the original Titan designs were quite new at the time.

With regard to the Evangelion 'influence', what I said was that many people have compared the Eldar titans designs to the Evas, but that I was fairly confident that the first eldar titan designs predated the release of Evangelion in the west. I did say that Evangelion is my favourite mecha anime.

Anyway, it was very nice to meet you, it was a very 'spirited' conversation and I guess some of the detail got lost in translation.

I'm sure this has made its way halfway round the other forums by now, so it's probably too late, but I just wanted to put the record straight.

Oh, and I gather the Mat Ward Banner guys weren't 'taking the piss'. Sorry guys, I guess I was having a 'thin skinned' moment, mea culpa.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...