We all get it that there is no model, no codex entry, and no near future release of this model. However, its very difficult anymore to have a conversation about the Dark Eldar without Vect coming up. It's been a long time since the last model was released, and even then it was not the best of the range. The only thing you can still get are the slave girls from the Asdrubael Vect Dias of Destruction model. OK, they are called prisoners (don't want to offend). So literally we have the girls from the same model surviving and still available on the GW site much longer than Vect himself, which is interesting.
Will GW eventually do an Asdrubael Vect miniature? I have to hope its a yes, but we have seen the reset-clocks from Duncan which Vect was not listed, so that puts him somewhere behind a Plastic Thunderhawk. So with no reset clock, and the one model that many Dark Eldar players dying to purchase not anywhere on the horizon, even a very far horizon...... What are we to do?
Got some ideas Dark Eldar players.....
- Create our own rules, and customize out a new one (Ive already done this one)
- Shelf them.... (Hey, Ive done this one too)
- Wait patiently.... (OMG, have I already done all these possible answers)
- Rage and right articles, and question GW at every possible moment until we will get him.... (well, article done now, so cross this one off the list)
- Buy Duncan a new reset clock with Vects name on it......(might be on to something here)
Disclaimer: I cannot be responsible for any clock or clocks with Vects name on it being sent to GW for Duncan to hang on the Reset Wall. Please do not do this..... shhhh maybe its a good idea, natfka quietly steps backwards fading into the looming shadows.
Next up will be "what ganked natfka in those looming shadows."
- Vect himself
- GW Agents, ya know the ones that arrive at your door
- the clockmaker for not wanting to make all those additional clocks.
- Duncan, who is literally Asdrubael Vect in disquise
Codex released, and yes... its not just me that wants this model!!!!!!!
This is from all the most respectable players in the 40k universe asking and commenting on the most important question in Warhammer 40k and includes an answer that we all know.
There is no model for Vect, so he is not in the Codex. Imagine this conversation:
*Eager Young Hobbyist enters Games Workshop store and approaches Games Workshop Staff*
GWS: Hey how you doing today?
EYH: I'm really good! I just got the new Drukhari Codex! It's super awesome!
GWS: It's brilliant, isn't it?! So, what have you come in for?
EYH: Well, I read about the character called Vect! He's so cool! I can't wait to have him lead my army! Can I buy him please?!!
EYH: Oh. That's weird.
We want to avoid that situation as much as possible, so we do not include rules for things we don;t do a model of. I hope that makes sense!
via the Warhammer 40k Facebook page