Yea, you read that right. Yesterday I lost 900pts out of 2500 my first round, and I went first.
I went first against a Chaos Marine list that I have been helping a friend with. The list can be found here Night Lords. It just happened that I was only able to kill two marines, and immobilize a possessed Vindicator with around 30 tank killing shots. The marines died from splinter cannons on a venom. That being said, it went something like this....

My opponent put up an amazing first round deployment. I will talk about that later, lets just say everything was layered and had cover. I went first, and redeployed 3 units thanks to Malys, and was set for a first round assault with 4 units. I had two incubi units of 4 and they were going to shred along with Malys and Vect. To make a long story short, Vects incubi rolled a 1 on their run, and the other set of incubi also rolled a 1. both needed a 2 to assault.

One wych unit also failed their assault bringing the total up to 3 out of 4 failing. Note that the wyches needed a 3 to reach their target, but there was only 5 of them, so they were not going to make a difference after the incubi failed.

Check out the Chaos list, and you can see what I was facing, Ridicules firepower in the shape of 16 plasma guns, 6 meltas, 8 Autocannons, and 2 demolisher large blasts. All this and lash to place me just perfect. Nothing in the front survived. Regardless, after a pull back and reverse flank, my 1600pts of surviving dark eldar still almost pulled a victory with a last minute Raider flat out contest move (he rolled 3 successive 6's and I failed my flat out save, so combi bolters shot it down).

Regardless, the game still came out to a draw amazingly enough. Each of us holding a single objective. I think that is the worst first round in Warhammer I have ever had. It was a good game, and my opponents deployment and some failed rolls saved his butt. I did not collect one pain token the entire game. One of the best and most memorable games I have had in quite a long time.

When things go bad with Dark Eldar, they really go bad. They hit hard, hit fast.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...