The rumor over the last few days was that codexes were all going to go hardcover starting with Orcs and Goblins for Fantasy, and that GW was going to raise the prices for them to $50 similair to other tabletop gamebook prices. Games Workshop now has posted on site the new Orcs and Goblins codex, so here it is.

This 112-page full-colour, hardback Warhammer army book contains all the rules you need to field an Orc & Goblin army, as well as detailed background information, bestiary, accompanying artwork and miniatures showcase.


You will need a copy of Warhammer to use the contents of this book.
Availability: This product is available for pre-order and will be released on the 5th of March.
Price $37.25
I think this is awesome. Games Workshop increasing the quality of the book, with a very small increase. This is definetly a value, and I hope that this translates to new codexes for warhammer 40k moving to hardcover as well. I am sad that I missed my Imperial Guard and Dark Eldar in hardcover.

If Games Workshop was going to move to all hardcovers for 40k, would you re-buy your codex? Would you like to see 40k codexes go hardcover?

4 Comments:

  1. I really prefer the soft cover, easier to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same with me. I'm fine with the soft cover codexes. Paying 8$ more for my codex just to have it in hard cover is too much for my liking.
    On a book at the size of the rulebook, I do prefer the hard cover for stability, but I'd like the codexes to stay in soft cover.
    Maybe they could offer both versions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted some thoughts about this too. For some of the armies I really love, like Chaos Marines or Orks, I would probably plonk down the money without batting much of an eye. For a lot of the others, I might pass and as a result pass on an army too. From a purely gaming view, I liked the old 3rd ed "pamphlet" codexes. Gaming wise, we're not really getting more these days; the bulk of the bigger books is background and the like, not rules and stats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imo its cool and nice that they go the hardcover book to show more fluff, fully colored, and more hobby pages and its really nice. But it be nice if they sold it shrinkwrapped together with a smaller rule book size book for gaming and tournaments for people to take with them for about like $10 more and it could be all black and white for all I care.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...