Lots of Blood Angels Codex information is now been leaked to the community, and I went through and compiled what was first released, and the latest answers to the questions that were being asked. Of course as always, we have no point costs or full and complete rules, but this gives a lot of insight to what is changing in the codex.
Really some of the big things for me are no fast Vindicators anymore, no assault marines are troops, and that Dante and Seth are now Lords of War. A lot of information down here, so head in and check it out.
Updates to the information Below
via warseer's Iuchiban
Lords of War 2, Dante and Gabriel Seth.
Reclusiarchs gone? Yes
Gabriel is a LoW. Basically the same, but lost his special attack. Now he causes +1 hit, for any 6 to wound.
Furiosos: Same cost, but the claws now cost +10 points. Getting additional attacks rule is gone. Now claws are Sx2, Shred, AP2.
Priests only in hq now, so no lesser version in elites?
Corbulo and lemartes, are they hqs now?
Yes and No. Lemartes is and IC that can only join DC units. Uses an Elite slot.
Priests bolster ws in area effect and fnp for their squad?
Both affect only to their squad.
Who can take heavy flamer?
Tactical squads and Sternguard Veterans (Max 2 per unit)
- One jump pack that allows the bearer and his unit re-roll when DS and when other units Intercept -> Snapshots. (25)
- Gives Fear, and fear tests are done with -2 L (10)
- One item that gives an additional warlord trait strategic table. (15)
- One physic weapon +2S, AP4, bearar may re-roll 1 in the psychic phase. If rellod die is a 1, bearer takes one wound. No saves allowed. (10)
- One Master-crafted plasma pistol, that does not get hot. (25)
- One AP2 power sword. (25)
Does Mephiston have access to anything that makes him move faster than 6" in movement phase, e.g. Jump pack or Psychic abilitiy like "Wings of Sanguinius".
Sanginor, is he an IC?
Sanguinor has the cost of a Stormraven.
The rules are basically the same, but he does not improve the stats of a character anymore. This rule is gone.
Can you confirm if Dante still unlocks Sanguinary Guard as troops?
no, he does not unlock SG as tropos. BTW I haven't seen any FoC unlocking in the codex. Not even the command squad, which is Elite now.
Any news on the 2 tycho?
Tyco now does not ingore armour saves. His comb¡ weapon cannot use special ammo anymore.
So can tactical squads take 2 heavy flamers or just sternguard? Aww, no Devastators with flamers.
1 Heavy Flamer for tactical squads, 2 for veterans and no Heavy Flamers in Devastators
How does the terminator banner work?
Banner allows to reroll failed moral and pinning tests. 12" bubble
Is there still a priest in honour guard?
Honor Guard is gone from the codex.
Can sangujnary priests still take bikes/jp/terminator armour?
He can buy a bike, but not a Terminator armour.
Are Sternguard and Vanguard as per codex SM?
Basically yes, but both with FC special rule
Are there any special Terminator units?
Can bike squads and bike command squads take grav guns?
Bike units can take grav guns. Bike command squads do not exist.
Corbulo gives to all BA units at 6" +1WS & +1I. Not accumulative with an standard chalice bonus. 120 points, 3 wounds
So far, my first impression of the codex is quite positive. Specially the detachment. This +1 I when charging is sweet!!!!!
via warseer's Iuchiban compiled by Larry on Bols
Blood Angels Codex Rules
Only rule is combat squads
Death Company is now elite as DC dreadnought
Predator Baal is Heavy Support
Librarian Dreadnought is HQ
Mephiston is HQ and IC
All units have now Furious Charge
Only troop choices are Tactical squads and scouts.
No new units. No Centurions and no talons.
- Dante's Axe is +2S, AP2, mastercraft and NOT unwieldy, and he's Eternal Warrior
- Special rules for Death Company: FC, Fearless, Relentless, FnP, Rage. They cannot reroll to wound if chaplain in the unit. Only Astorath gives them this ability.
- No terminator armour for DC. But there are good news, Jump packs are now only +3 points. On the other hand their WS has been downgraded to 4.
- No squadrons for Dreads. "Standard" dreads are now Elite, Furiosos and DC dreads too. Librarian dreads are HQ.
- Tacticals As usual + new options. They can get anti-air missiles BTW.
- No more Land Raider as dedicated transports for everybody, just for termies.
- Vanguard Veterans cannot charge after Deep Strike
- Sanguinor pretty the same but: gets only 4++, re-rolls to hit and wound in challenges
- Sanguinary Priests costs about the same as a Wyvern, are HQ, and units they joins get +1WS and FnP. The are IC btw.
1. Warlord gets Rampage
2. Warlord gets +1 I
3. One Warlord's weapon gets mastercrafted
4. Warlord gets Adamantium Will
5. Warlord gets Descent of the Angels (Dante's trait)
6. Warlord gets 12" fearless bubble
Primaris: Blessing. +D3 to A and I to psyker or target character at 12"
1. Malediction. Target unit at 12" takes a Moral test with -2
2. Blessing. Target unit at 18" gets Rage. If they had already that rule, they get +1A instead
3. Blessing. Psyker and his unit get 5++
4. Focussed witch fire. Target makes 2 T tests. Take one W for each failed test. If targed dies, place 5" blast with S4 and AP5.
5. Beam.12" S8, AP1 Lance 6"Blessing. Targe infantry unit, moves 12" in the psychic phase. No charging after this movement.
- Baal Predators
Mandatory: 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 2 Troops
Optional: As usual, but 3 additioanl Elite (Total 4)
Special rule: +1I when charging, all the army, any turn.