Tonight we get a first hand look at both the new expansions that are about to hit on Saturday. These have been contentious to say the least, but 40k is about to enter a new age. War in the 41st millennium just became much more dangerous.
Please remember that these are rumors and will remain so until we get an official look at the books
via Father Gabe from the Faeit 212 inbox.
I wanted to pass on information concerning Escalation and Stronghold Assault. I had the opportunity to have these two books in my hands today. I wanted to pass on the following information:
- For Standard (what some refer to as "regular") Warhammer 40,000
- Not Expansion (like Planetstrike, Cities of Death, etc)
- Lord of War choice is optional (like Fortifications, Allies)
- Rules governing Lord of War: If you use a Lord of War your opponent receives a +1 bonus to Seize the Initiative and for every 3 Hull Points or Wounds you cause on a Lord of War choice you gain +1 (like Slay the Warlord, First Blood, etc).
- I won't go into details concerning the data sheets but don't expect Reavers, Mantas or Hierophants.
- Rules governing Str D weapons, AV 15 and all other Apocalypse based rules remain the same, but now crossover to Standard ("regular") Warhammer 40,000.
So it is Standard. Yep Tournaments can ban them, but these are for "regular" games. These rules are now apart of the landscape. Whether they are chosen for tournaments or not, that's not my call. I would only hope that they are tried out to see the difference before being condemned but I cannot help uninformed bias.
Locally we are going to play the heck out of it to see if they should or should not be included in Tournaments (or as it is being suggested every other tournament allow FW, Escalation, Stronghold Assault).