Well today the journey officially begins when I ordered my 3D printer. First off a disclaimer- Ive never 3D printed before and am about as NOOB as you can get for this. No idea what-so-ever what I have just jumped into with the exception that I want to learn and print some great miniatures. I know there will be failures, but I am excited to get going.

So what I ordered was the Anycubic Photon S which I had seen several respected hobbyists use and try out. Also worth mentioning a couple of the Patreon Subscriptions I was looking into mentioned using the Anycubic Photon. Anycubic is not supporting this venture in any way, but research into what printer to get always turned my focus to the Photon S. You may have different needs, but I am looking primarily into printing for miniatures. Printing in resin seems the way to go unless all you are going to do is terrain, which then there are plenty of plastic ones to use.

So now that I am officially going in (blind), I will be updating as this process begins including what else is needed. 

So how much did I pay? It was listed on Amazon for $449.99 but with a simple click got a $60 coupon for a total of $389.99. 

The Photon S of course is not the least expensive Photon printer from Anycubic, they also have a ANYCUBIC Photon listed on Amazon for $209.99 (after coupon). 

Here is what is coming
Not bad and it will arrive on Friday!
We will be printing very soon. 



Patreon Subscriptions:
By now you already know that I took up three subscriptions to jump into my 3D printing. I did the subscriptions on the last days of July so that I could get in on that month's subscriptions for all three, as well as any that new releases for August. 

Each of these has amazing miniatures. Here they are. (I may get into more soon. we shall see.)



 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...