What's On Your Table tonight features a custom Mortarion, that while Forgeworld has released their own model, my advice to David would be to keep this going. Nice work.


My name is David and I am currently building a 30k death guard army. What you see here is my custom Mortarion conversion I have been building for that army. I was totally unaware that he was going to be the next primarch available on fw, and of course, I had already gotten to the point of no return when I saw the flood of horus heresy weekender images. 
   
He was built using a fw Abaddon and various csm and necron bits. This is my first attempt at sculpting greenstuff; it takes a lot of patience to work with that's for sure. I used a lot of reference pics from google image search. My goal was to find a happy medium between the daemon primarch and Heresy Era look. I also wanted a more organic look for his scythe (being as it is supposedly having been a xenos weapon). It was constructed using the fantasy cairn wraith scythe and a leg from a plague drone. I'm excited to get him painted and in battle. That's currently what's on my table. Enjoy.

Best Regards,
David






 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...