I know there is a lot riding on a new release for any company in this industry. Especially one that includes many different large model kits is becomes important to make a profit. I am really curious how many people are holding off buying anything until the codex is released. I

Please remember that this is an editorial.

Orks
Personally I find the Ork release to be incredibly slow, and counter productive to purchases. I am not an expert by any means, but hey, this is an editorial. I completely understand the order of the releases, as GW does not want to have the codex out before any of the models are, but to spread the release out over such an extended time period really does take some of the excitement out of it.

To me, that means impulse buying would be way down. Do I buy models on impulse? Yea, of course I do, Ive got a bad plastic krak habit. In the past, Ive even bought entire armies on impulse.

It just seems there is very little hype for Orks right now. I visit a lot of sites and forums daily, and the conversation level is moderate right now, but there is very little hype. Its like this Ork release has been muted or subdued.

While I am not an Ork player, the zeal and excitement Ork players have always had for the game, is rather iconic for Warhammer 40k. No other game I have seen has players yelling Waaaagh or anything like it when their orks charge in mass into enemy units.

We are heading into the final weeks of the release schedule for Orks, and I am hoping that the excitement level turns around, because even though the current models I have seen look fantastic, this release has been rather muted.

Since I am not an Ork player though, please chime in on the poll in the upper right hand corner of the site. Right now cannot get the widget to work. I will be trying again later.

The Genesis Project.
On Thursday we announced the opening of the public beta for this game, and from this end I wanted to give a quick update. If you missed this, you can follow the link. http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-genesis-project-open-beta.html

Every week we will be having an exclusive update on Faeit 212 about the game, where its at, background, and game mechanics. What day is still not worked out, but I will update when I get them.

While I do get the chance with Genesis to see things early, I will be waiting to get more official information to post up. The first newsletter and article is coming out this next week.

Dropzone Commander
Right now I am still working on Dropzone Commander models. They are in fact all over every table in my workroom between my Scourge and UCM. I am hoping to get another battle report coming soon, regarding the Aegis Orbital Defense Laser, and am also working on more tactics articles for the game, especially with the new Stalkers and Ravager packs.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...