We have been talking mini-dex's for a long time here on Faeit 212, and back a year or so ago, we were told that these releases would be meant to be fielded with another army, but often could stand on their own. The Legion of the Damned is one of those armies that many people have looked at, and wanted to be able to do this, but the rules as they are written do not allow for it.

Here is a response to a Reader's email from the Games Workshop.


via a Reader here on Faeit 212 (I do not have permission as of this moment to post the readers name.)
After some arguments on forums/groups/youtube comments I e-mailed GW, here
is my original e-mail and the GW response ;

Hi there,
I recently purchased the legion of the damned codex ebook and I have a
rules question about it. I was hoping to use it to make a pure legion of
the damned army, but as if my army is fully made up of only legion of the
damned units they must be in reserve and must deep strike, which means I
have nothing on the board at the end of turn 1 which by the victory
conditions of the BRB means I automatically lose.

There is a rule present in the codex ; Aid From Beyond , which gives them
the ability to deep strike turn 1, but it is not in the units special rules
so they do not have it.

Could you please help me with this conundrum as I was looking forward to
fielding the army but as rules as written at this moment in time I cannot
possibly do.

Thanks
----------------------

Thanks for the email.
I have just spoken with the rules team, who write the contents of our 
books. They have informed me that the Legion of the Damned are not designed 
to be used on their own, but more as an allied force as they are all about 
intervention mid-battle rather than taking the fight to the enemy. At the 
moment they are not planning on changing this, however they will keep your 
email, as a record of the request.

I hope that this helps, but if you need anything further, please feel free 
to contact us again.
Kind regards
Games Workshop Customer Service
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...