I will update this as it goes on this morning, but information on what is in the Tau Codex is being given and questions answered.
via xxhikaru123 over on Dakka
I hope the new Tau Codex gives riptides 20 wounds @ T8.
And I hope stealth suits get -2 to incoming shots.
Nope. No wound change to riptide .
Riptide points down 24, HBC down 20, Ion Accelerator down 42.
Gun Drones +4
Shield Drones +2
Marker Drones same.
Broadside -20 HRR -27 HYMP -16 SMS-5
Skyray -19 Hammerhead -17
Is there any change in the weapon profiles (HBC, IA, HYMP, Ion Cannon, etc)?
1) reroll wounds 1 against Monster or Vehicles
2) your shooting phase, pick a visible enemy unit to your warlord, each time any friendly
3) Add 6 to Advance instead of rolling dice.
4) If warlord within 12' of enemy unit at start of shooting phase, you can reroll hits for your warlord until end of phase.
5) reroll hits for warlord, if they have not moved this turn. if they move for any reason, they lose the trait until the start of next turn.
6) warlord can advance and shoot as if he hasn't advanced.
Sept Warlord Traits
Tau : 5+ save against Mortal Wounds
Vior'la : If warlord has master of war, Volley Fire or Failure is Not an Option ability, the range increased to 9". additionally, if your army is battleforged, +1 command pt
Dal'yth: While within 12" of Warlord, friendly Kroot and Vespid units gain For The Greater Good ability
Sa'cea: Friendly Sa'cea unit within 6" of warlord, reduce the number of model that flee as a result of morale by 1
Bork'an: For each hit roll made by warlord, +1 to wound for that hit
Farsight: Warlord can perform 6" heroic intervention. Additionally, if your warlord has charged , was charged or heroic intervened, until end of phase, can reroll hits.
Tau: Overwatch on a 5 regardless of firing model BS or any modifiers.
Vior'la : Treats all RF weapons as assault weapons (RF 1 treated as assault 1). Additionally, no penalty to advance and fire the assault weapons.
Dal'yth : Unit that does not manta strike, move , fall back, charge , pile in or consolidate this turn may claim the benefit of cover even while in the open.
Sa'cea: +1 LD, Additionally, in shooting phase, you can reroll a single failed hit roll for each Sa'cea unit
Bork'an : Add 6" to maximum range of any Rapid Fire and Heavy weapon they are armed with.
Farsight: Reroll wounds of 1 against models that are within 6' of the firing (farsight) model.
Any new Commander options?