Titan Forge Miniatures Patreon Review: There are a great number or really great Patreons that you can sign up for to get your miniature STL files for a great price and really support the artists that are putting them out. Lets take a look at one of my favorites, Titan Forge Miniatures.

Titan Forge Miniatures has produced some very creative and detailed model lines in the past. I have loved their Dragon Empire (Some of the best Asian themed miniature lines) and Metal Beards (fantasy mechanical dwarves) in the past and finding out that Titan Forge was starting a 3D Printing Patreon really helped push me into getting a printer.

This is the second of a series where we will be looking at each one with an indepth coverage to see really what they are about. 

Since we will be comparing many Patreons I am going to give them a score on my own impressions I have had from being a Patreon of them. This is not something I take lightly, people making these patreon services are real artists and are pushing our industry/hobby in a new direction that is most likely to take over the traditional gaming companies. If your company is not heading in this direction, you may be forced to in the coming years.
All ratings are listed 1-5 with 5 being top scores. Do not expect 5's from me unless something here is over the top crazy good. 4 is excellent. 2.5 will be an average and anything 2.0 or below is a problem



Titan Forge Miniatures has two Patreons one simply called Titan Forge (Fantasy Patreon) and the other is Cyber Forge (their Sci- fi Patreon). In this review we are only covering the Titan Forge Patreon which has been running much longer. Titan Forge Miniatures is out of Poland and I have been a member now for 3 going on 4 months of their Patreon. I also have purchased some of their stl sets (Dragon Empire) from their "My Miniature Factory" store which is where their patreon releases go once expired.

Myminifactory: https://www.myminifactory.com/users/TitanForgeMiniatures


Value 3.5 (Very Good)Each month Titan Forge has a good selection of miniatures that are part of there subscription. The designs are fantastic and you can see the last three months of releases in the image below. Titan Forge subscriptions cost $10/month which is right on par with other 3D Patreon subscriptions. 

Lets talk Value from the Wargamers perspective: July was a solid release with modular Chaos Dwarves... but August seemed like a bust being a tavern release. August felt like either a filler month or something another company offered as a Welcome Pack. Im guessing Roleplayers would like the August Tavern month more, but for wargaming it was a bust. 

No fear though! September was simply a crazy double month and Whoa made up for most of the negatives I had with the Tavern release. Those Amazons are simply too cool to ignore in my books. The Ogres and in some cases the Amazons I was hoping for a little bit more modularity with options (like there was with the Chaos Dwarves), but hey, there is a lot of files here. Also I would of loved to see the Komoto Dragons option to be printed as an individual creature as well like they did with the Amazon Brutasaurs. The Amazons are one of my favorites on par with their creative Dragon Empire and Metal Beards.

I really hope to see another dual month release again. The dual release month was so much worth the $10. 

October looks good with Vampire Hunters and Barbarians are said to be coming in November. I am hoping that those peasants are modular and look forward to seeing those wagons in the October release finished (they are WIP at the moment).

One other thing about the value of being a Patreon is the discounts you get for their Myminifactory. This really adds up and if you are looking for miniatures on their Myminifactory store making it worth while to become a Patreon if wanting to purchase stl sets.

Excellent monthly releases and excellent 50% discounts for the My Mini Factory store page makes a Titan Forge Patreon a great value. If you are planning on getting into 3D printing I highly suggest you jump on the September bandwagon for Titan Forge for at least this month before its over to start up your library of Stls.


Here are the last three months of Patreon Downloads.
  • Kashan Vra Dwarves in July- Fans of Chaos Dwarves rejoice
  • Tavern in the Town of Dark Secrets in August
  • Amazon and Ogre Double Release in September- Whoa- Crazy Good value!
And coming in October..... Vampire Hunters! Still hoping these will be modular.

Last Value Comment is that some nice Terrain Pieces often are a part of this release.... Nice.



Customer Service 4.0 (Excellent)-- I haven't yet had any dealings with customer service and those times I have read others dealing with Titan Forge there has been good results. Everything else has been just quietly taken care of so its really hard to rate their customer service. 

I would say the only thing I have seen gone unanswered in questions is Loyalty Reward links not yet appearing. With no answer to the questions directly again, its hard to judge. 

Lets talk customer service. Heroes Infinite has been doing polls like many of the Patreons for 3D printing, but they also have been extremely responsive to the comments, questions, and problems that have come up. Lets look at recent examples I have seen. 

So while no news is good news sometimes, I am giving them an excellent rating for releases being right on time and good communications through their Patreon pages.


The Sculpts 4.0- (Excellent)- Titan Forge is still on top for their creative miniatures lines and I hope to see that continue. The miniatures I have had and printed been excellent and their Chaos Dwarves were literally the first miniatures I started printing showing me how easy it was to get into this side of our hobby.

Details and creativeness are what I think of when someone says Titan Forge. I had no choice but to purchase the Dragon Empire (at a discount for Patreons), and I know a friend of mine will be purchasing those Dwarves. I really hope they continue to add to the Amazons putting them high on my list to print up (I have not yet). 

I would say the one issue I had was printing the Dwarven Mortars. The back end of the Mortar just did not look right once printed with the hand crank and I did some adjustments back there adding bits to make the Mortar sculpt look a little better from the back. The front image and the one you see in the images looks very daunting. I did really want to print these through, so I printed up two of them for my games. 

I was also very impressed on how modular the Dwarven Infantry and Gunners were and then a little disappointed that the same thing did not occur on the Amazons and Ogres. That is OK though because I just absolutely love what is there, and whoa was it a lot. 

OK, want amazing bases?..... Titan Forge is your place. Each new release comes with some very detailed out bases to match the release. Ive been enjoying these and when another set of stls dont come with decent bases...... I start looking here in my Titan Forge downloads! Its not just that they are well detailed, but they are also have an excellent set of supports for printing. Ive seen bases be an issue with other Patreons.

Ive printed these out below....... see below for my own prints and how they turned out.







Printing 4.0 (Excellent)-- So how was the printing?..... Everything I have printed out so far has been astounding and easy to print. No problems with the exception of something sculpt related to the Mortar Hand Cranks. 

Patreon Tip of the Day: Make certain to re-download everything towards the end of the month so that you can be certain to get any updates to the files.

All the recent files come in supported or non-supported files and once I had my printer settings down Titan Forge miniatures were a breeze to print. I really do need to print up something a little more complex from them, so there is that.

Here are a couple of my prints. Great details! I am priming the miniature white to help show off the detail work.






My First Print Ever!

Downloading 4.5 (Very Excellent)- Downloading the files comes from Sync.com and starting this month are tied into your MyMiniFactory account making it the easiest to download of all the Patreons Ive tried. Sync.com runs into problems getting overloaded easily with these larger file downloads Patreons are offering, but giving you the option to download from MyMiniFactory is an amazing upgrade. 

Now we have been told that this part of the service will allow you to redownload your files in the future if you want going back to any months you were a patreon of. (Simply an amazing service, but its not been tried yet as we are only on the first month of the new downloading method). Best part so far through is that you can choose either method of downloading. 

So my first two attempts using the MyMiniFactory download system did not work properly leaving me with empty zip files. My most recent attempt (as I was writing this) worked just perfectly! So the rating of a 4.5 once this system has been in operation for another month or so would most likely bump up to a 5.0

For Gaming 3.5 (Good)- We have talked non-stop about in this article about modular miniatures so one last time on how the Titan Forge Patreon sets you up for gaming with them. While most releases apparently are not going to be modular up to this point, there is enough different sculpts to again mirror or adjust any models that are not modular. 

The other thing to mention is that the monthly releases also come with characters (apparently a huge rpg boost) and for making heroes in other game systems. I like this although have not yet printed any of them.

Titan Forge does a good job when it comes to giving you multiple sets of Infantry, a terrain piece, Cavalry and other options that will work in your armies for Tabletop Wargaming. 

Getting Older Months Sets you Missed 4.5 (Very Excellent)- Your handled here simply because everything will end up on My MiniFactory and with a Patreon account you are getting an excellent discount to get the older files. 

I was able to use a special 70% off discount offered to Patreons for a short time to really bolster up on some of the months I missed for my upcoming Dragon Empire army. 

Overall 4.0 (Excellent) When it comes to the top Patreons you should be looking at for 3D printing, Titan Forge Miniatures should be on your list. Make certain to check them out monthly if you are not already a Patreon and pick up on the months you want and hit the September release even if you do not yet have a printer. All of those stl files for $10? yea its a no brainer.

Will I be keeping my Titan Forge Patreon past the 3 month test period for this review? Yes I will. The 3 month Loyalty reward looks fun (a three headed dragon) and I look forward to seeing what Titan Forge produces in the months to come. As long as releases are not another Tavern release. 




Additional Information for you 3D Printers Out There

Additional Reviews from this series

Specs and background: I have a Anycubic Resin Photon S 3d printer and a Wash/Cure Machine. Using Anycubic Grey resin with an 10 second normal exposure and 15 bottom layers (to be on the safe side for heavier prints) with a 90 second exposure. (I keep altering the bottom layer exposure to reduce it, but some heavier prints are requiring it.)

I am making certain I have 3 months of a Patreon before reviewing (at least for the bigger ones).

I have only had my printer since July of 2020 and have been a printing madman since I got it printing miniatures, tanks, heavy weapons, monsters etc. There are more 3D printing articles onsite, do a search for 3D printing on the site for other articles related to 3D Printing.

Currently working on other Patreon reviews for Makers Cult, Artisan Guild, Anvil Digital Forge, and Cyber Forge which are all in the works. Rotating them in and out to build up a library and get a solid structure for comparison for doing reviews.

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...