Death Korps of Krieg are one of my favorite series of models from Forgeworld and always have been. Now for the second half of What's On Your Table we get to look at a large Death Korps force, built for the trenches.


I've been working on my Death Korps of Krieg army since Feb, and thought you might like to see my current progress. I'm already way past 3,000 points built and painted, without including super-heavies. This army is themed specifically around a mud covered trench assault force, using the Imperial Armour 12 Assault Brigade list. I wanted artillery and infantry, with lots of cavalry to exploit breakthroughs. I don't want too many tanks, so there are only three available, and even then they only come out in big games.

I started this army with the cavalry, because the models are so fine to look at. Five were built, painted and tested before I knew I needed more. In the photos you can see there are 20 all ready for battle, plus I have another five waiting to be painted. In battle these models have proven deadly, and have wiped out everything from Space Marine squads through to beating Ork mobs. Even when their lances are gone their two wounds and good save keep them going a long time.

The infantry is based around three platoons of 25 soldiers, plus another 10 grenadiers. They are pretty quick to paint, and take ages to kill on the table due to them never running from shooting casualties. I've got another 30 to paint to beef up each platoon to 35 men, and a 105 in total plus grenadiers.

Next comes the armour. I bought a standard Macharius, but also modified two other long-barrel guns to create a vanquisher variant, as needed. This monster is support by two Mortian heavy tanks (proxy for LR), a more expensive but much nicer model than the Leman Russ and looks just like a baby Macharius.

For the future I've already got my hands on rapier laser destroyers, more infantry, a Gorgon, a Crassus to help get the troops across the table and a Vulcan variant Macharius. So lots to keep me busy for the next few months!

-Michael











What's on your table is an opportunity for readers to share what they are working on. Conversions, painting, batreps, even side home brew projects. If you want to Share "What's On Your Table". Please no more than 8 pics, send your project to natfka@live.com. If for any reason you do not want your name used, please say so.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...