Last night I had the chance to really get in and test a spider bot army list for the Scourge. Lucky for me it was against the one enemy that a list like this could really be tested out under extreme duress, the PHR.


I will have to say that I have been wanting to play this kind of list, and it was extremely fun to do so. We were able to get in to games using the new tournament scenario pack put out earlier last week by Hawk Wargames. This gave us a nice set of balanced missions to roll up on, and test out our meddle on some hard to fight lists.

The first game of course I will not talk about, since it I did video it, and will be doing a battle report on, but the second game..... whoa, can those Stalkers hit hard.

Literally in the second game, I sent my 6 Stalkers directly right into a 6 man Type 2 PHR squad. It was an awesome battle, as I had never been successful in taking a squad like this head on. However, the Stalkers proved to be a good match up, and with the additional 3 stalkers flanking, I had the PHR thrust beaten.

Now of course if they had taken me on at a range, it would of been much harder, but I was able to get in close, and go head to head which was a ton of fun.


I also have to say a couple of other things about this.......
Harbingers with mini Arc Casters rock. Several times I was shooting at PHR light gunships while dropping bombs on buildings behind the dropships. This second game, he went after them with a vengeance, but they were still incredibly effective at getting my walkers right up into the fight.

Ravagers... What can I say. These two squads working in tandem took out the Athena when it came in, and any light dropship or light aircraft that came within range. His heavy PHR dropship barely survived and had to retreat out of range. I am going to rate these guys on par with the Rapier UCM AA tank. One of my favorites.

This second game was a route. After smashing the PHR front line, there was not much left and the game was called after 4 rounds. The first game was much different.

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...