Ive been wanting to show these two tables off from Studio Level. I just received all of this last Friday, and it was a couple hours of excitement while it was all unwrapped and put out onto a tables.


I picked these two tables up because we are working hard on The Genesys Project, and it was time to make an investment with one of our sponsors here on Faeit 212 to purchase some great terrain for artwork that will make the books.

This is the terrain that recently was up on Kickstarter from Studio Level and is currently available in their online store. Link right here.
https://studiolevel.com.pl/shop/49-stuff

So what sets are these? Pro-Gamer Forest Terrain Set and Fanatic Lava Terrain Set.



The materials of these sets are a high density polyurethane and to show exactly what these are made of here is an image from their last campaign. 


These really are beautiful, but what it's really hard to show off is exactly how big a lot of this terrain it. The largest of them is 10-12" tall with those large arches. 



So what this does is make a wonderfully thought out and designed terrain set. Even flyer models for your games will have to move around providing a lot of fun games on all levels. From line of sight blocking terrain, to pieces that can be combined to make ruined temples, towers, and other well thought out layouts, the terrain is simply amazing. 

This pieces themselves are solid and even those narrow columns are not fragile for games. Having terrain like this in a store or at home is a good fast way to get beautifully articulate tables up in no time. One of the highlights for myself was that this terrain solid enough for transport. (ya know, for taking it to conventions, stores, for demos etc)

Game Mats. These are something I was curious about. While you can get the standard mousepad mats, the double sided cloth mats were something I really wanted to see in person. On the tables you see above and below in the pics are the cloth mats. From my use so far they are durable and have not slid around like was my biggest concern. What I really love about them is just folding them up for transport. 



They are fit right in with the terrain and match perfectly really blending into the terrain. My models that I have had on them do not slide around (always something I look at), and so far without any games being played on the mats yet I don't see the cloth mats being a problem with moving, or terrain getting bumped. So two thumbs on the cloth mats, although I have played on mousepad material mats for so long its hard for me to want to change my preference. The travelling opportunities though with the cloth mats may definitely push me that direction.

You will be seeing more of these terrain sets in the future not only for The Genesys Project where they will prominent, but also here on the site. If you are looking for a good solid terrain set, id suggest taking a look at these. They come in Forests, Lava, Desert, and Snow. 

I might have to pick up the other two in the future. 

 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...